Systemd is trash, but PulseAudio is unironically good

Systemd is trash, but PulseAudio is unironically good.
PipeWire is BLOAT that often sits ON TOP of Pulse, and yet Any Forums shills this garbage?
PulseAudio isn't perfect (it does add some lag as a sound server) but it is the least shitty option and fixed the audio on Linux.

Attached: Lennart_poettering.jpg (1024x678, 90.33K)

pulse is fine but sndio is still king

BaSeD and Puffypilled

Attached: 1647877353.png (942x440, 4.68K)

If I would dump either pulseaudio or systemd, I would dump pulseaudio. Literally never works on my machine.

if Any Forums knew anything about systemd or pulseaudio instead of coping they'd have made their own init system and their own audio server
>inb4 classic cope of "it already exists"
yes, it does, on my machine, both systemd and pulseaudio, cope and dilate

>Systemd is trash
now explain us why.

This but the opposite.

I ditched both, basedstemd and PulseAudio. Sorry Lennart.

Just use ALSA. What? You "need" more?

>PipeWire is BLOAT that often sits ON TOP of Pulse
You can't run PipeWire on Linux without PulseAudio? Or you mean that it is a fork of PA?

>Hangs for 2 minutes before shutting down
That's why for me. OpenRC doesn't do that shit.

Sneed I/O

>hangs
it waits for services to terminate after sending them SIGHUP (or whatever signal you configured) for the configured amount of time before sending SIGKILL.
>OpenRC doesn't do that shit.
I'll keep that in mind for when I need an init system for a retard who can't edit a config file.

no, you don't understand, I don't have time to edit a config, I need to install 200 more useless desktop apps by tomorrow and they all must be killed in one cycle when I shut down my computer, fuck you!!!!!

I want my init system to just work

>You have to edit X and it works
Guess what, I didn't edit shit on OpenRC and it shuts down immediately.
Now kill yourself faggot retard. I finally understand why SystemD gets so much hate. Its users.

While yes, you can just edit the config - this is what you call an "insane default" which is generally not a good thing.
Especially for noobies on noob distros - which ironically should NOT use systemd
The 2 minute SIGKILL default is idiotic and for many Linux newcomers is a "do as I say" remove steam moment
It makes a lot of sense on enterprise, sure, but not desktop

>A stop job is running (5 min 30 seconds/no limit)

tell me which daemon ignores SIGHUP so I can never use it since its devs are as much of retarded gorilla niggers as you

No one is stopping your distro from distributing a systemd with a config file that sets the timeoit to a value that you might think is "sane" for a desktop distro.
Yes, systemd is made with enterprise in mind, it is a redhat sponsored project after all. If your desktoo focused distro doesn't chamge thay setting, it is that distro's fault, not systemd's.

it is neither distro's nor systemd's fault that you're a dumb fucking nigger who installs malware on your machine and then copes about systemd not just killing process whether they need to do something before shutdown or not

>PipeWire is BLOAT that often sits ON TOP of Pulse
You have no idea what you're talking about (as expected of "muh systemd bad" shitters). PipeWire never runs "on top" of pulse because it emulates the PulseAudio API itself inside pipewire-pulse. When PipeWire and PulseAudio are used together, PipeWire does not touch audio at all. It only serves to handle things like screen sharing in this configuration.

>PipeWire
>PulseAudio
for me its alsa

>runs out of arguments
>attacks opponent instead

Attached: busta_compilation.png (680x510, 566.51K)

>Issue exists with systemD
>Doesn't exist with OpenRC, Runit or S6
>Calls Devs and anons retards
Kill yourself Poettering.

>shut down your OpenRC box
>it kills the database immediately
>boot the machine up again
>database is corrupted, all data unrecoverable
Thanks, OpenRC! At least I didn't have to wait 2 minutes for the machine to commit its data to disk!

>works fine on openRC
>a stop job is running on systemd
>it's the programs fault!!! systemd is flawless!
Closed, WONTFIX (feature, not a bug)

>systemd is the only init system that sends SIGHUP that can be handled to shutdown properly, waits a bit, and if the process doesn't shutdown, only then sends SIGKILL
>every other meme init sends SIGKILL
>the systemd is wrong
holy shit you're a dumb gorilla nigger monkey
it's okay I can just download everything from my jewgle drive anyway and I don't even use Linux, I just saw that systemd is bad on reddit once

yes it is a program's fault that it ignores SIGHUP
and I'm really giving you benefit of the doubt here, hoping you know what that is

>yes it is a program's fault that it ignores SIGHUP
I agree that the program is partly at fault
but systemd should be able to handle it, it makes no sense that it does not.

Never really understood the hate for pulse, just make sure the daemon is running and use pavucontrol to get really picky with what audio is going where, and if things fuck up for some reason pulseaudio -k and let it restart. I wager you could get fancy with it, I've thought about setting it up so my laptop connects to the pulseaudio daemon on the media computer near me and I can adjust volume on that thing with my keyboard or stream audio over network, but meh I'm lazy.

PipeWire doesn't sit on top of PulseAudio. Sorry to mess up your bait.

it does, by waiting and sending SIGKILL 30s later, you dumb nigger monkey

>PipeWire is BLOAT that often sits ON TOP of Pulse,
If you choose to configure pipewire on top of pulse, who's fault is that?

If it makes people wait it's bad design. Simple as.

nah you're being willfully ignorant right now
it's always (30sec / 1min 30) and then you wait 1min 30 and it changes to (1min 30/3min) and keeps going forever until you pull the fucking cord.