Which backend programming language / framework to use ?

which backend programming language / frameworks do you guys use ?
how should one go about selecting their preferred language / framework ...
please recommend something that gives speed & performance.

Attached: 67337449.jpg (1200x900, 75.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kristoff.it/blog/zig-colorblind-async-await/
ziglearn.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is wholly dependent on what you are trying to build. What are you doing?

i am mostly a frontend guy but i want to master backend too ... i already know node js (used express for it) but i am looking for new options ...

for now i am mostly leaning towards spring framework with kotlin but i want to hear thoughts from you guys ...

>Muh meme language and hipster framework
Cmon man. I'm all for testing new shit out, but going to production with something like that is not going to fly. You will be rebuilding it when the language dies. I would go with good old Java or maybe even Python. I've build some pump and dump data analysis shit in Flask and ran it on uvicorn. It's pretty solid.

Attached: 60966E38-BCEE-438D-B96B-E020ADC004FA.jpg (1097x1462, 185.84K)

I've recently gotten into mobile development and I am wondering about this too. I want to publish a basic social/chatting app on a budget and cloud services are kind of bewildering to me. My plan right now is to go with a VPS like Vultr and use PHP and MySql because it's all I really know how to do

valid point. what about asp .net core ? i want to try something new.

If you want a job: Java
If you want a potentially comfier job: Python
If you want to get paid well and do concurrency: Go
If you want to do vidya/Azure stuff: C#

There are a lot of jobs with JS/Node, but I don't really recommend them. High chance of unmantainable code.

Delphi 7 / CGI.

that makes sense. i would say you should go for it. which php framework are you going to use ? or is it going to be plain php ?

Asp.net core is my go-to for a standard CRUD API. Peak comfy, just werks

Just take the Zig pill.

>concurrency
Built in event loop style N:M threading, just like Go. You're able to run millions of coroutines with ease. Solving the C10k (and C10M) problem was never easier.

kristoff.it/blog/zig-colorblind-async-await/

>performance
It's a compiled language with a backend that uses LLVM, so it has all of the optimizations that Clang will ever give you in C/C++. No slow or unpredictable GC, so you can be sure there won't be any GC lag spikes. No more worrying about the 95% percentile response times!

>please recommend something that gives speed & performance.
That's Zig in a nutshell. Embrace the future old man, and head on over to ziglearn.org/ to get started. IRC is #zig on libera.chat, just don't spam nigger and we'll help.

pub fn helloWorld(req: Request, res: Response) !void {
try res.print("Hello {}!", req.queryParam("name") orelse "World");
}

i was just going to write everything from scratch. I'm not really familiar with any frameworks actually. but one thing I'd rather not reinvent the wheel with is user authentication and/or sending emails for verification and such. i dunno if you have any suggestions as far as that goes, but otherwise I'm just gonna cross each bridge when I come to it and see how far Googling and stack overflow get me.

ASP.NET is a solid choice. Give it a shot.

C#, C++, and Go are probably the only ones worth learning right now.

I would not recommend php for a chat if you’re using websockets. It’s a massive pain in the ass

Clojure.

in that case would it be sufficient for anything else that doesn't need real time interaction like that? and what would you recommend for a chat app?

TS / nodejs is fast consise and pleasant to build but can get messy if you don't know what you're doing.
Golang - probably the best backend option out there right now for both speed and simplicity.
Kotlin/Spring - kotlin is the best languages in the market, it's a real pleasure to code on. Not a bad option but unless you're maintaining an existing spring app or working with a team of JVM bros I wouldn't start a Greenfield project on kotlin/spring.
C#, never looked at it desu, always considered it was for Microsoft shitters

Python/flask/Django - good for small projects but the lack of static typing makes python kinda shitty at scale. Python was my first love but I'm willing to say that typescript is a better language than python (at least for backend)

people i talk to shit on php all the time yet i can get a REST API + multiple entities modeled out within a couple hours. Meanwhile on a node stack. then the request-response model is super simple and anyone with half a brain can understand input results in output. so many people want to use the fanciest and shiniest new thing and it ends up taking forever because 1. they have no experience with it and 2. the paradigm their new language follows is completely inane and unnecessary for most applications.

and yes, i do plenty of projects in node/react, probably moreso than php projects. python is peak retardation, don't use it for anything beyond basic scripting.

In what universe is Spring a hipster framework? And you recommend Python and Flask as an alternative? This has to be bait.

Of course it's a fucking hipster framework, who else is using Java?

Nim

really interested in it. is it good for first backend language for someone to get a job or is it like a secondary language where you have to be really good at java how about interop with java libraries some user say it is hell when it doesn't work or when working with mutable date
and what about clojureclr

the model-view binding is really weird. I'd rather use java springboot.