Old thing BASED. New thing ONIONS. Be contrarian

Old thing BASED. New thing ONIONS. Be contrarian.

Attached: 1647863776158.jpg (1000x1488, 212.27K)

I’m still using my PowerMac G5 Quad with Gentoo.

Based GIMP enjoyer chad.

Attached: image.png (1200x851, 250.13K)

imagine getting newfag filtered by the word filter LOL

not that this is the core of that arguement, but I do genuinely think that there was a substantially larger variety of things in the past, as opposed to now. even in this image, you show the various shapes and sizes of cell phones, compared to a black slate for the modern smartphone.

you can look at just about any piece of technology Koma architecture Koma fashion etcetera and you will find, I think, that in the last 50 years or so, we had simplified designs and removed variances until everything looks almost the exact same; a smooth black rectangle. whether you like this kind of design philosophy is up to you, I don't really have an opinion on it either way, but you can't necessarily deny the fact that we've gone from having many different shapes sizes and colours of things, to everything looking more or less uniform

>Koma
fucking speech-to-text doesn't understand punctuation. lesson learned; always proofread your posts

Old phones are worse but smartphones are worse for society.
Motherboards improved.
Modern pc cases are just plain ugly, I miss the beige era of design.

Kys phonefag.

Proof?

Any Forums in a nutshell. Retards need something to validate themselves with

SVOL vs soulless

I use speech-to-text on my PC, because my keyboard is fucked and I only have one hand

grow up Any Forumsack

what happened to your other hand?

i had a hot date with a plasma cutter in my early 20s, its a long story

Arete

phones back then:
>flip phones
>roll phones
>mechanical cameras
>ink displays
>unique features
phones now:
>le apploo vs poodroid with different firmware, all the same spyware brick

screens back then:
>1024x1024 with a bitmap font
>solves everything and reads crystal clear
screens now:
>500 different screen resolutions you must adapt your application to
>le upscale
>le downscale
>hordes of gaymer scum who bought the 4K gamer meme and instead got an upscaled picture
>many issues with fractional scaling STILL not solved properly and no one is working on it
>have issues with font rendering? Just get yourself a display with huge resolution to render huge fonts. Problem solved

Technology exploration had been replaced with selling you a feeling of exploration, selling you the same shit in a different wrapper. You must consume. Consume. CONSUME.

Attached: 1647865691238.jpg (500x500, 50.5K)

> >unique features on cellphones
None of them useful except for QWERTY keyboard on Blackberry.

Attached: 1647865763549.png (2047x1218, 264.49K)

> Technology exploration
Imagine the face of this pathetic söyboy who explores... wait for it... who EXPLORES CONSUMER ELECTRONICS.
Apple presents an iTunes phone and this söyboy goes like WOW, MUST CONSUME.
Nokia presents a goatse phone and this söyboy goes like WOW, MUST CONSUME MORE.

>enjoying electronics as a hobby is... le bad!!!!
you know where you are, right?

It's not you who explores, mr. projectionist. If earlier the quality of tools was growing exponentially which guaranteed that after few years you could get yourself a tool that you can work on, enjoy it and even had fun times with it, today it's all the same deteriorating shit that rapidly goes down in quality.
I can't use your poodroid or apploo because of constant stream of notifications and "allow Shlomo Inc. to take pictures of your anus" kind of popups, but you must surely enjoy them, which is why you're projecting on basedbeans so hard.

Enjoying consumer electronics as a hobby is reddit and onions, yes.

>you know where you are, right?
I'm on an American anime-discussion forum. We don't rice our i3 here. We don't mutilate our USB cords to coil them. We turn off RGB lighting so it wouldn't distract us. We don't cut off our peepees. We don't take HRT. We don't buy overprices old Thinkpads to install Trannyboot.

> quality of tools was growing exponentially
Quality of dumbphones wasn't growing exponentially. Only basedboys like you were excited because some manufacturers made dumbphones shaped as a goatse.

>nooo you MUST run a minix operating system at Ring -1 of your CPU, otherwise you're a tranny!!! le bad!!!!

why are you on the technology board if you hate technology? you're not discussing anime here, so you cant use that as an excuse.

noone here said anything about rgb, thinkpads, trannies, i3, etc. i think you need to calm yourself and clear your mind before you post.

>t. 12 years old moron demonstrating he has zero clues what dumbphones used to be like

Imagine using the site with this $0¥ware

You alright, user? Sucks to hear, I hope life isn't too rough on you

you need to go back ah, but you still have to be over 18 to post there as well

Dumbphone is a dumbphone. It doesn't matter if it has monochrome display or color display. It doesn't matter if it can play MP3s or access iTunes. It is still a dumbphone. It is inferior to any smartphone running Android.