Before we can interview you user, fill out this simple form

>Before we can interview you user, fill out this simple form

Attached: FOPEKGbWUAAzYxS.jpg (1091x1528, 470.37K)

This is literally the interview, they don't want to do it face to face.

I had a coworker who was hired by google. He said the process took six months.

not OP but I applied at canonical and they did something similar asked when I solved a difficult problem etc. really old-school hiring that seemed completely disconnected from what the job was because they wanted specifics of when I had an issue as a Linux sysadmin with Ubuntu and I told them honestly most of my issues tend to be with users, networking, and domain hosts. They didn't like that I guess. Even though I outlined extensive experience getting Ubuntu working in docker / k8s, setting up CI/CD pipelines using github and terraform, and you know all the shit they actually wanted.

there are literally 3 more stages

no problem

Attached: ddg.png (1702x2823, 1.11M)

>written interview
what the fuck

You don't even have to pretend you're an illegal immigrant muslim lesbian, just take your resume and change the name to a woman's name, you'll get a positive reply the same day.

when i apply for a company i will use my more foreign native sounding name instead of John.

>really old-school hiring that seemed completely disconnected from what the job was
Oh man this is the worst. Applied for a job where I my background was admittedly a little unorthodox but was a really good fit for the role. Both the HR screener and the hiring manager were both able to clearly connect how my past experience would be beneficial for this role so I thought I had it in the bag. After all, if people with no technical background get it, surely the person with the technical background would understand. Well, I don't know if he ever did or not because he didn't ask ANY questions relating to the position. All just random generic dogshit like "Tell us about a time you solved a conflict on your team" (in a role where I would be working almost completely alone, not a managerial role either) or "Name a challenge you experienced and how you overcame it". Never talked about my experience or anything relating to the role. Complete waste of time for everyone involved.

> send in fake resume
> get response
> send in real resume
> DDG sees the similarities with the first and thinks it's plagiarized
> get politely rejected

Attached: constanza palette.png (250x250, 163)

why would you want to work for canonical, only limeys and assorted yuropoors work there for pay. don't get me started on the freetards that contribute to it

Holy shit I went through this fucking process 2 years ago. I'm a fucking idiot for wanting to work there in the first place.

So I am 2 months into this shit and they just ignore me. Don't tell me I'm rejected and don't respond to my emails. Oh well. Then like 2 months later I get an email asking to take an IQ test. I had already gotten a job so I ignored it.

One interview was so weird. The guy had me write a hypothetical negative review about Ubuntu. Then wanted me to respond to it as an employee of the company. He noticed my Fitbit bracelet and started asking me about my sleep habits and how much REM sleep I was getting. Seemed genuinely mad that I told him I just track steps with it and was trying to be more active.

I thought the guy was just fucking with me but have heard others talk about some of the weird shit they make you do and ask you about.

Attached: 20220321_034930.jpg (828x639, 101.43K)

Sounds reasonable to get paid 6 FUCKING FIGURES to sit in a comfy desk job and push maybe 100 lines of code a month.

We live in a society.

No one with an ounce of talent and actual job prospects is going to waste their time on this shit

>what did you enjoy most bout uni
they dont even need the interview

the guy in the original thread said he made the fake resume afterwards after getting rejected.

Can you link the thread? Curious.

Attached: 1640839095214.jpg (800x1233, 187.88K)

archived.moe/biz/thread/41156423/
I am glad that I left tech

the one of the left hand side is cringe

Good God I hate this academic bullshit, reminds me of photography class, I thought I would learn about the different shutter speeds and camera angles, NO. Just took a photo of a wall and put a black and white filter in photoshop then had to sit there like a complete meme and write a six page essay on why I took the photo. Fucks sake.