His Linux distro has him on an old ass kernel

>his Linux distro has him on an old ass kernel
>he's using anything less than 5.16 right now
>he's going to pretend his old ass kernel is "fine"

Attached: kerny.jpg (461x470, 23.33K)

it's fine as long as you're using the latest version of the old ass kernel which is typically just as recent as the latest 5.16

>it's fine as long as you're using the latest version of the old ass kernel which is typically just as recent as the latest 5.16
But it's not the same.

all I do is sudo apt upgrade every once in a while and call it a day.

Attached: 1626240752004.jpg (633x640, 86.55K)

Huh, I'm on 5.10. I thought my frankendebian install was on something older than that, but I guess I updated the kernel for some reason that I no longer remember.

I run LTS kernel because I want stability

I'm on like 4.10 because I don't care about some cuntholes' updates to a text file for some obscure package I can't even type the name out for, so I just don't update at all.

I'll run any kernel I damn well please

Attached: 1623704861534.png (1200x1830, 1.23M)

>she's not on 5.17

>retard gorilla niggers on here can't compile linux so they cope about the kernel that their distro comes with

>Huh, I'm on 5.10.
Sad

>I'm on like 4.10
lol

>having to compile your kernel
just get a life fag

What important thing was added in 5.16?
The last update I remenber making a difference was the one that added ntfs3.

>What important thing was added in 5.16?
try googling you fag

5.17 is out. Why are you using outdated software user?

The rule is to stay one version behind at the most. People using 5.4 are fucking stupid af.

You're missing out on the extreme speed buffs by staying behind this time. It's hard to describe just how fast 5.17 really is. Even on a core 2 duo everything is instant. It's like 8450% faster or something insane like that.

>makes a shit thread
>doesn't want to entertain his replies
all fields and don't post again, i'm warning you

>It's like 8450% faster
That's for compile times

>Even on a core 2 duo
I'm waiting for my distro to push it for my Zen 2 chip because of the AMD P-State driver but thanks anyway nigger. Should be a week or two. My distro tests kernels before pushing them.

T.arch dev currently testing 5.17. it's incredibly fast.
There's speed boosts across the board. 5.17 is pure sex. If you thought Linux was fast before, wait until everything starts to roll out 5.17+... Seek times are like 170% faster, memory allocation is like the smallest gain of just 140%. 5.17 is actually something to be excited for. It feels like a true upgrade for desktop usage.

>try googling

Attached: 1640817027672.png (800x600, 88.16K)