Is Math needed for programming?

Is Math needed for programming?

Attached: progMath.png (376x280, 142.11K)

No

No, it's meth

Yes

Nope. Unless you're a 400 IQ C programmer making mathematical models but only making 100k after 10 years.

Me? I'm a retarded full stack dev who makes more after 5 years.
I never use math except extremely basic baby math and don't remember anything from calc.

Attached: batman.png (581x477, 69.82K)

nope, just need basic linear algebra
maybe fourier transform at most

Let me clarify this for you
user is right
And this user is right too
You need math to get trough the CS Uni. Math is staple of computing. Teach you logics and TO LEARN shit procedurally and methodically (shit like statistics is fucking bullshit - you'll never use it irl they put that goddamn thing in everything from economics and informatics to medicine nowadays) algorithms and shit.
So depends who you ask and what's their background

And I forgot to mention.
If it's like midnight or 3 in the morning and you watched some video on YouTube on "programming" and now you feel motivated to learn it and you are already downloading your IDE to be next Bill Gates or Mark Cuckerber - don't wanna ruin the party but it's not gonna happen.
99% cases of self learners give up 3 days in.
If you want to get a job somewhat decent you need to take some course on WebDev or have a fucking Linux distro built by yourself for you CV .
otherwise go to sleep.

>t. self taught web developers
Ignore this advice OP. If you wish to be, at least, a somewhat competent programmer you do need to know math. If you just want to be a code monkey then no.

What a load of bullshit.

Fuel the fucking motivation. Don't give up. You CAN do it negro.

You need analytical thinking to be good at programming. Being good at math implies good analytical skills and getting good at math builds analytical skills
>but muh math class just teaches through rote memorization
You went to a shit school
>but muh I can be good and analytical reasoning without math
Can be true. Just like Bill Gate dropped out of school and became successful, you too can also drop out of school and become top 5 richest people :^)

To filter out retards from the CS pool, yes.

>he got filtered by a simple fourier transform
back to leetcode Ranjit

math not needed

If you are making some kind of management app then yes but even that should be simpler than college math. Its far more an exercise of memory with all the different syntaxes, nuances, libraries, packages, frameworks, methods and such.

It depends on the field, but for the vast majority of programmers, no. The hardest concepts in basic CS is stuff like recursion, dfs/bfs, etc. It's stuff that's related to math (linear algebra/lambda calculus), but not math explicitly.

Calc shit is only necessary if you're doing modelling or neural network stuff. And even then, most practical jobs that use neural networks in their business don't train the neural networks themselves and thus never use calc. It's only the people who do the actual modelling/training that need calc.

if you do research, cryptography and hardware architecture, yes
but then you're a scientist, not a programmer
programmers are users of a language as a tool, you don't need to have any knowledge to use a tool, except using the tool itself
you're supposed to use algorithms that have already been found by researchers

Absolutely not.

The only reason you "need" it is to not upset those who fell for the meme.
Do you need mathematics for computer science? Absolutely.
But programming =/= computer science

Totally depends on your field. Data science, machine learning, and the like? Absolutely.

Your average webdev, full stack, dime a dozen devs who are quickly being replaced by pajeets? Fuck no.

All you need to know is FOIL and you can do 9/10 jobs anywhere.

>but then you're a scientist, not a programmer
No you aren't