Add noatime to your fstab entries, user

Add noatime to your fstab entries, user.

Attached: 1647834803953.jpg (476x675, 69.09K)

Attached: 1599362204807.jpg (1200x1023, 543.99K)

Any Forums-chan, daisuki~

ToT

fstab is too weak, for me it's
- /* Default to relatime unless overriden */
- if (!(flags & MS_NOATIME))
- mnt_flags |= MNT_RELATIME;
+ /* Default to noatime unless overriden */
+ if (!(flags & MS_RELATIME))
+ mnt_flags |= MNT_NOATIME;

But I NEED the atimes.

go fuck yourself again

nakadashi noa-chan

Attached: noa pants.jpg (1920x1080, 270.63K)

What's the performance difference?

will this solve the issue of my PC timing out for 90 seconds on shutdown/reboot while unmounting samba shares because systemd is too fucking stupid to unmount netwok drives BEFORE shutting down the network stack?

because if it doesn't, I don't care, and for now, I'm going back to NFS, which didn't have this problem

>systemd
found your problem

Attached: 1602024809241.jpg (1652x2260, 1.03M)

On ext4? marginal.

thanks for your opinion, i do not care however as systemd works well in every capacity except for this one, specific issue and I don't need it to do anything other than what it does for me
now what does noatime actually do and would it help

you can configure that timeout, I made it 5 seconds

I thought abuot this, but wouldn't that affect other programs that might timeout for 10-20 seconds before resuming? and how do you do that, anyway?

either way it doesn't really solve the main issue though, and as I said NFS doesn't have this issue so it must be related to samba and the way it's mounted in fstab?

noatime = no access time
as the name implies, the filesystem wont record access times for files
it fixed my TF2 lag

oh, sounds like something thta only affects older, slower computers. I don't really need to worry about that then

STOP
NOATIME

Makes it less likely to thrash SSDs with excessive data writes.

there's 3 options

noatime: fuck access times
relatime: (default) updates once every 24 hours or more/less depending on settings, aka it's absolutely fucking nothing
atime: holy shit did you just access this file 100 times? I best store the access time 100 times right away with nanosecond precision

Attached: .gif (494x740, 2.46M)

ok, and so what I just write "noatime" somewhere in my fstab? or in the line for each mount?

your forgot the 4th option
nakadashi noatime