Linux makes wifi slow

I use arch linux. Wi-fi slow after few minutes of starting computer. Wired connection works fine but wifi slow. Reinstall Arch from scratch. Problem persists. What do I do?

Attached: linuxbird.jpg (500x266, 33.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=211702
youtube.com/watch?v=-Hh-6Gqk8RE
supertuxkart.net/Download
wiki.archlinux.org/title/ConnMan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

How slow exactly, also this might help
bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=211702

I think I fixed it

Attached: 455544.png (206x244, 8.69K)

how did you do it user??

I didn't :(
It alternates between normal speed and unusably slow, when I disconnet the wifi and connect it again it resumes from normal speed but gets slow again . Will check the link

It's your wifi card being shit and not supporting Linux... not Linux making your wifi slow

Wired connection (ethernet) is faster than wifi.
Think about it, direct wired connection protocol is simpler, no translations, no conversations, just wire from one motherboard to the modem (maybe swtch, router then modem). WIFI on the other hand goes from modem to router translate to radio symbols; convert to radio signal, broadcast the radio signal, recieve the radio signal, convert the radio signal, translate the radio signals back to something your machine recognizes and finally you see the internet in graphic glory.

I've used linux for 3 years before on same laptop, it worked fine. Now it doesn't. Explain that, big boy?

If your ethernet cable is the proper wire gauge, in a properly twisted and shielded cable, CAT5e or better, it WILL be faster than a radio signal.

Yes, wired is faster. But I sit centimeters away from router, and internet goes from normal to slow and then normal and then slow again, It it is software problem, not router problem. not wifi card problem

You might be TOO close, seriously. Move 6 feet away.

SuperTuxKart looks amazing for a FOSS game.
youtube.com/watch?v=-Hh-6Gqk8RE

How do I get this game on Windows10?

NetworkManager is liquid shit

Nuke it and install Conman per arch wiki

it's unironically very comfy

Completely normal. Use ethernet.

It's literally here:
supertuxkart.net/Download

Thanks fren

Mine sometimes gets stuck and doesn't work until I unplug the modem or turn off the machine. It doesn't fix itself even after rebooting into Windows, it's probably a bug in the version of the firmware being loaded by Linux.
But I've no idea how I'd change the firmware version to the same one loaded by Windows (that works perfectly).

From like 5.*->5.15 I had a ton of issues with NetworkManager/Supplicant combo

I tried; 5 routers, 6 wifi cards, endless reboots, googling, arch wiki dives, etc. Finally figured out tethering from android device "fixed" it. Nuked ALL the drivers for everything network related, removed fucking NetworkManager and wpa_supplicant, installed connman+cmst+iwd and the first wifi card I bought (RTL8814AU based) drivers I dug out of github and everything was perfectly fine again.

Speeds were 20-40% of what they should be before hand.

Now that I think about it the goddamn drivers I compiled and that work flawlessly aren't in AUR even.

wiki.archlinux.org/title/ConnMan

Link very related. It saved my ass anyway.

arch is shit whyd you fall for that meme