What do I do with my computer?

Anons I'm torn and lost and need some ideas. I'm using Windows right now and while I don't hate it, I'm not a massive fan and would happily use a Linux distribution instead.
However, I have an NVIDIA card and if I'm going to switch to Linux I'd like to be able to use Wayland & get good Vulkan performance - but it need not be said how half-assed NVIDIA's drivers are compared to AMD.

So what do I do? Do I: switch to Linux and use a Windows VM for gaming, switch to Linux outright and get an AMD card instead, stick with Windows

Having to sell this card and buy another sucks right now because the prices are still all over the place.

Attached: 1647827594445.png (648x690, 124.29K)

stop being a tranny and use x11

just sell your computer user, it's 2022, you don't need anything but a phone

dual boot

You'll be back

X11 sucks. Like I know EVERYTHING works, but that's just because it's been around since the dinosaur era. Wayland is so smoother. Works flawlessly with mixed refresh rate monitor setups. You can even run X programs using XWayland if you really have to. I know Windows' security model isn't any better, but X suffers from the same flaw in which any process using the X server can monitor key presses and view the screen.

Believe me, I know I will. I've installed Arch and then gone back to Windows like 5 fucking times now because I'm so autistic and indecisive.

>Wayland is so smoother. Works flawlessly with mixed refresh rate monitor setups.
"Wayland is a protocol for a compositor"
THINK about what ur saying

Let's not split hairs. I'm talking about desktop environments/graphical sessions using the Wayland protocol.

> if I'm going to switch to Linux I'd like to be able to use Wayland
wtf why does this matter, especially as a new user?

which ur performance with them is tied to your configuration/the person who made them, it has nothing to do with wayland specifically. you can get the exact same experience with x11, most people are just used to using like comptom or whatever and assume thats x11s fault. wayland is an improvement and probably the future (unless better comes out) but its too unstable as is, in situations where you have to use xwayland the performance is awful. i dont recommend it, especially to a monkey like op

anyway just game on linux, pretty much everything works except like some shit mmos. it just might take a few extra minutes of ur time to get going, and if u have enough time to ask others to make decisions for u in life then im sure thats not a problem.

setting up a vm for gayming is a WASTE of fcking time these days, but if u really want to then just keep ur nvidia gpu and setup a GPU passthrough vm, then get another cheapy card for linux. also any fcking performance benefits from amd open src drivers vs nvidia drivers really dont make that much of a difference as ppl make out, ur looking at like a 5-10 fps improvement most of the time -> which when ur amd card SUCKS balls then the benefits still wont make up the difference in performance compared to a nvidia gpu (i will say that last time i used a nvidia gpu i had issues, but they were fixable). the reality of this is that ur thinking way too much about stupid shit, r*ddit or stupid fagtubers have infected your brain

gaming on AMD and linux is pretty good. if you can, set up a basic 500 gb windows partition for games you really want to play but dont work on linux at all.

GNU/Linux and abandon gayming if can't into VM.

Hey user. I'm using X11 after having to rma my amd card and getting a Nvidia card instead. The amd experience is definitely way better but unless you can trade or flip the card. It's not worth buying a new one. On Nvidia+X11 the only real issues you'll have is with the shit Nvidia driver sometimes having awkward tearing. Other than that it works pretty good. I'd say just try it out on a separate hdd and see what you think.

>However, I have an NVIDIA card and if I'm going to switch to Linux I'd like to be able to use Wayland & get good Vulkan performance

Sorry. I don't mean to laugh but

>However, I have an NVIDIA card and if I'm going to switch to Linux I'd like to be able to use Wayland & get good Vulkan performance

heheheheheheehheheheheheheh

Attached: 1645759257687.gif (360x346, 170.14K)

again this drivers shit is such a retarded cope, on both opengl and vulkan they got raped by nvidia even on linux. if you go on newegg now you'll find the rtx 3080 is still cheaper than the rx 6800 xt right now.

Attached: ZXddsvsr.png (487x204, 19.05K)

>if you go on newegg now you'll find the rtx 3080 is still cheaper than the rx 6800 xt right now.
Absolute horse shit

Attached: smilelol.png (1141x584, 258.95K)

shipping is high cuz im australian before u freak, but the prices are usd (even here there are sellers with free shipping still cheaper than the rx 6800 xt cards lol)

well shit

Attached: 1617631248418.jpg (250x250, 18.72K)