Bought an iPhone thinking that non Safari browsers wouldn't have issues playing webms

>Bought an iPhone thinking that non Safari browsers wouldn't have issues playing webms

>Find out that Apple forces all browsers to run on the WebKit engine which has no webm support

Welp....why does Apple do this?

Attached: file.png (1496x840, 1.73M)

because apple

>why does Apple do this?
The App Store prohibits apps that can perform arbitrary code execution. Browsers inherently require arbitrary code execution to function, so they just use Safari's engine.

2 things
1) why are you browsing Any Forums on a phone
2) just use the app

picture_of_anime_redhead_girl_laughing.jpg

Basado

iTODLERS BTFO!
>iTT Any Forums webm thread

Attached: 1641347014590.gif (498x488, 664.72K)

Attached: 1599683315208.webm (960x540, 1.43M)

i want to nakadashi and impregnate raphi

>bought an iphone based on a single assumption about the media format support of third party apps
>did not bother to verify this assumption at all
I don't believe you.

USE BEAGLE BROWSER

This

Attached: DC6A8EEF-757B-4992-91F0-45AD6952AB74.png (828x1792, 940.49K)

what do you want me to post to prove it to you? the very idea that apple would lock browser apps into a single engine seemed absurd to me so i didnt bother checking

bass

Beagle browsers

use chance or ichan

Chance is super based. Dev is ticking awesome.

Just use a VLC

Apple will support webm in 2025 and people will praise their genius while the stock value skyrockets

FPBP

Apple probably won't support VP8 ever. It's a dead format outside of backwards Any Forums.

>Welp....why does Apple do this?
Because Apple only makes decisions that help the company at the expense of user comfort. If you think it's ever the opposite you're delusional.

itoddlers on suicide watch