Best gnu/linux distro for my machine?

i currently use solus which means i can't play video games without my computer acting like it's dying.
>15.7 gib memory
>amd ryzen 5 1600/six-core/12 threads
>amd radeon rx 580
i was told that i'd have to install drivers to get steam working with my distro but that i could end up breaking everything if i tried that. i dunno what to do because i am a dumb baby. pls help?

Attached: gurababy.png (236x224, 111.15K)

kys /vt/ranny

post the uncropped version

just install kubuntu or fedora, you'll eventually progress to wanting to use a "cool kid" distro and install manjaro, use it for a while then just install arch, use it for a while and realize the entire arch ecosystem is a pain in the ass and come back to what you started with

>anime website
>hate anime girls
ogey
i don't have it

i was already recommended manjaro but man-jar-o is a funny name and i want to learn arch but i'm not a computer whiz, i am a dumb baby.

Attached: gooming.png (424x424, 174.46K)

Yeah this is an anime site, but I feel like "anime girls" is for the anime site, and "vtubers" is for twitter or something.

Your setup shouldn't be throttling in games, regardless of distro. Do you actually have the proper drivers installed? If you're afraid of installing them you won't be able to use any distro at all. Even the ones that do it for you by default will be missing multilibs and other useful utils.

>twitter
ew, twitter vtuber fans are absolute cancer. most en vtubers in general, actually. i only watch hololive.
oh, i see. what do you suggest? i'm not sure where to install the drivers... i do have a disc with drivers for my PC on it, should i start there?

Attached: 1626549819416.png (485x433, 25.93K)

Vtumors are not anime, they are 3DPD wearing anime skin.

Don't use the disc, you'll have to look them up on your repos and install them with your package manager. I believe the rx580 can make full use of the AMDGPU open source driver.

Manjaro is Arch based, and arch is a DIY distro at heart, always has been.

(that is to say it's not befitting of your use case)
Also, GoG games for example are only maintained to work on Ubuntu's crusty LTE release. I get things to work on fedora but I also just manually install libraries if I get fed up with shit. Steam works well on fedora with minor hiccups. The other user is very much correct that the performance issues should not depend too much on your distro and may reflect another problem.

thank you! this is great, maybe i won't have to switch distros.

Windows 11

Manjaro is garbage. If you can read a wiki you can install Arch.

But you should install Pop! OS. Up to date AMD drivers (built into MESA and the kernel) are included, and for anyone who has nvidia they have an ISO with the driver built in. Personally I like GNOME, but I really like the tweaks system76 does to it. Well worth delaying updating to the newest version of GNOME while it gets updated. 21.10 is the latest version but 22.04 should be out in a few months.

literally any sane distro. and you normally don't need drivers to install steam. i use arch on a much lower-spec machine than yours and it just worked. your issue could be a distro issue, try using something with more community around it, like arch and debian-based distros

okay, i will look into pop! os. it's probably about time i tried something new.

Your best bet for any "just work distro" is probably Pop OS since it comes with AMD drivers. Linux Mint is also pretty good.

wow kabwaii

who coloured the hair

Windows 11 with WSL for your freetard shit

Just throwing my 2 cents in. Linux mint debian edition 5 is incredible.