Cell phone Thread

What happened / g/?

How did phones go from having so much personality uniqueness and being fun to being bland boring and all looking the same?

How did we get here?

Attached: the decline of phones.png (559x563, 374.43K)

Less room for personalization. Cell phones are just a big screen now.

>Cell phones are just a big screen now.

Which is boring.

Yet practical! I'm sorry it doesn't have huge bezels or a flag sticking out that says "I'm different" so you can be a special, little contrarian.

Fuck off normalfag.

fake nationalized companies run by the CIA and mossad

phones without physical keyboards are impractical for my purposes

It's like a dolphin and a shark having very similar shapes, even though they are different species. It's simply a shape that's very good for swimming. Now can you suggest a better shape for the typical way people use their phones? A bland boring slab is simply a very good shape for it.

Attached: images.jpg (258x195, 5.57K)

>Now can you suggest a better shape for the typical way people use their phones
The taco

Attached: download.png (640x351, 315.79K)

>the typical way people use their phones
For anything except voice calls?

Attached: 1640017595432.jpg (750x750, 49.36K)

technology needs to evolve somehow. cellphones ditched physical buttons in favour of a bigger and touch-sensitive screen so the space that was once used by the buttons could do more things than just being a keyboard of sorts.

my solution to that is making an old-looking phone with recent technology, like a 5" screen samsung galaxy running an android *insert current version number* with android 2 visuals

>how did we get here?
society and standards changed. i don't know how to explain how it happened, tho, but i'm sure you can feel the answer. it started with the android 4.4, but became more like it is today with android 5.0, with all the material design shit.

I hate normalfags so much it's unreal. Fuck Apple, they ruined everything.

I just wish I could run Signal on my DuraXV flip phone.

You mean the Goatse.

Attached: EHLUVaLXUAAv5r2.jpg (1801x1025, 252.11K)

This.

Because limits in technology allowed for more room too be creative with the design, ex different sized and shaped screens since video streaming wasn't a thing yet. Can't forget about all the different button and keyboard designs that existed because of no modern touch screens.

Good analogy. Really taking any steps backwards in design would be pointless outside of nostalgia.

Modern slab devices may be convenient to use but it is not appealing plus not everybody wants to be on social media.

The fact that people nowadays are forced to use a smartphone of some kind pisses me off if there is not a future in basic phones and feature phones and if i am not allowed to use a phone from 2003 because 2g or 3g is no longer supported i see no point in owning a phone.

Then buy a blackberry and stfu.

Found the trendy normie GTFO why is Any Forums full of trendyfags?

Attached: snapshot_15.22.001.png (1920x1080, 2.7M)

I kinda wish cellphones didn't exist.
t. chronic phoneposter