Should i learn C and compliment it with knowledge on lua for game development or is that a masochistic endeavor...

should i learn C and compliment it with knowledge on lua for game development or is that a masochistic endeavor? it seems almost everyone making games uses OOP but ive heard some pretty bad things about it

Attached: 1646309513254.png (796x713, 248.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

prog21.dadgum.com/23.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why the fuck would you even write games ?
That's fucking useless.
Computers were made to do physics.
Kill yourself retard.

Attached: Nuclear-bomb-forcetoknow.com_.jpg (1179x520, 121.02K)

Unfortunately I don't have any uranium centrifuges or artillery pieces for which I would need to do ballistic calculations, so doing physics on my computer would be purely academic.

>Why the fuck would you even write games ?
money and cause i wanna try something no one else has bothered to do yet
>thats fucking useless
dont care
>computers were made to do physics
dont care
>kill yourself retard
no

What physics did you calculate to make that post using your computer?

you do physics with vidya though

>money
>>>/wdg/

Or maybe molecular biology in this day and age.
Cancer still needs to be solved, and it will be solved with algorithms and high-throughout data, not just with the wet lab.

But hey, you want to waste your life like niggercattle instead of striving to be in future's science book, that's your choice. Faggot.

You won't be in any science book either, bitch boy.

If you are deving by yourself learn Common Lisp unironically. You won't be able to do anything non-trivial with C but with CL you might actually do enough that people might think you are in a team.

flat out tard.

The only real compliment to C is enough Assembly to steroid C.

Use nim plus python bro.

nigger i dont care about being a scientist i care about making art
>But hey, you want to waste your life like niggercattle instead of striving to be in future's science book, that's your choice. Faggot.
we're all nigger cattle because we're all participating in industrial society right now, im trying to not be a cattle in my own way, i can go get a minimum wagie job or i can autistically pursue making a videogame so i can experience the power process because im struggling trough life le my own way dattebayo faggot

>crab mentality

like ffmpeg ?

you should check out this old dudes blog op, its a real good read
heres a good starting point,

Purely Functional Retrogames, Part 1
prog21.dadgum.com/23.html

Attached: yo.jpg (1440x1030, 590.78K)

why
>cure cancer!
normalnigger
germ theory is fraudulent garbage for starters so you're not gonna cure cancer building off on top of it, chances are the cure for cancer has already been found but its not publicized because its better to use people as cash cows for big pharma by keeping them sick coping with medicine that only treats symptoms but not the root cause of an illness
>ends up working as a labcoat wagie for corp tm and pumps out soience articles sponsored by his employer
niggercattle

cry about it, pajeet

niggercrabcattle

yes, yes, seethe in your cave so you can get in a little children's science book

Attached: Arabianiliad_nude_leaks_ShemaleLeaks.com_043.jpg (810x1080, 124.88K)

C is for writing engines. There's a gamedev saying that you can create an engine or a game but not both—one will distract you from the other.
If your idea doesn't require a new engine then don't bother with C. You will get some mildly useful insight, but it's not really worth it.
Simplish 2D games can be written in Lua with Love2D, or in Python with PyGame. Unity uses C#, Godot has its own Pythonesque language and support for other languages. These are all basically reasonable choices, but it depends on what you wanna make.
Choose boring technology. Stay away from the memes people are recommending like Common Lisp and Nim—they're neat languages, very interesting, but will hinder you from making your game.
What kind of gameplay are we talking?

Remember that gamedev is an oversaturated field and a bad way to make money. In the AAA world you get exploited, in Indieland you have to win the lottery. Making something new has to enough of a goal to carry you on its own.

nukes are a hoax

>Physics isn't ever involved with large scale networks
>Or any piece of hardware
>Or data transmission
Hmmm...

I think Unreal uses C++. Could start with C, move onto C++ and then go over to Unreal.