If you've never used jQuery you may get paid well but please, never call yourself a true web developer

If you've never used jQuery you may get paid well but please, never call yourself a true web developer.

Attached: file.png (1922x1074, 111.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jqueryscript.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm literally not a developer in any way and i've used jquery
I'm in fucking biology
your elite club is not elite if someone that knows nothing about the field can be in it

I also believe this, I get called a boomer all the time when I bring it up here. Angular and React are great up until they explode your shit because of some faggy update. They also make it harder to do shit yourself in the case you need to. Basically everything looks the same and they just want you to not think about it. Also Angular/React is all segmented into gay little camps where 1-2 versions prior literally hate each other harder than a religion, meanwhile everyone has moved over to jQuery 3 except for the most ancient ass websites that rely on some also ancient shitty plugin that they based their business off of. All of my jQuery code from 2005 still works while your average angureactovue shit only lasts a few months before le updaterino turns the array into an object then a list then back into an array or who knows what. That shit is designed to fail to keep shitty smelly contractors in business

>tfw using jquery and other dependencies without npm bullshit
>everything is working without a single hassle (6 years and counting)

Hey guys remember dhtml?

>If you have never used this crutch with shitty performance, don't call yourself a web dev
you are so fucking stupid its unbelievable if you are using jQuery in 2022.

Yes. This. Fuck NPM and fuck your average js library to just do a hello world needing 50K dependencies all made by some pajeet that will just break later. Go and git clone literally billion dollar company's angular or react app they host publicly, then go back 6 months in the branch. Try to build it. Tell me how that goes.

jquery isnt comparable to react or angular dumbass. jquery literally serves no purpose anymore, everything it does has already been added to JS.

>never call yourself a true web developer
I don't mind that

Learn to read with understanding stupid nigger, I didn't write about doing it in 2022

>gets replaced by the language itself
imagine offering so few features that this can happen

>jquery literally serves no purpose anymore
It has a whole compatibility layer. I could probably make a website compatible up to ie6 with jquery and it would work without even having to do your own compatiblity layer.

>i can serve websites to browsers with 0.01% market share
you aren't doing much to prove that jquery has a purpose, especially when babel or any polyfill library (like core-js) can do this with less bloat.

jquery isn't compatible when react and angular are working, which only happens a few times while the shitty contractor is there changing the word object around after updates. Bump for modern JS library hate

i still use it in 2022 and i'm pretty sure you're the stupid one

I never though about it this way, but it almost seems like
>programmed obsolescence
with the added benefit that people doing this actually have an excuse
>we need to refactor everything dude

Is there something between using plain HTML+JS and using all these faggy frameworks like Angular or React?
I don't want to become a "webdev", I just want to throw some text and tables and not having to think too much about making my shit responsive and usable in different form factors.

I make 6 figures across a wide variety of domains in the technological sphere and sometimes that includes webtool development and jquery for expediency and basically you're a non-entity in my eyes and this petty juvenile posturing has no effect on those of us with actual careers, just thought you should know.

It wasn't explicitly designed to do that, it's just that it inevitably attracted contractor shitters. Go to modulecounts and see that we're sitting at 2M npm packages, while everything else has been stable around 500K - 1M for 15-20 years. Most of these npm "packages" are shit like "determine if a number is odd or not", the infamous left-pad, and the recent node-ipc drama. This shit is literally built to fail, you just need to be interested in one decent package and suddenly on the first week of the project, somehow you have 300K npm packages because they're all linked together in a shitty tree. As you saw with the node-ipc/left-pad drama, there is literally positively no check for anyone straight up just blanking out their shit, and the entire build order/structure whatever you want to call it, fucking blindly downloads them all again and your shit breaks. It only takes one redditor who made a small node package 10 years ago that everyone happens to use, to become an antifa faggot and kill tons of apps. Again, even with no protesting via deleting your shit, we still see "node shops" spending 3 out of 5 days per week updating it because you are at the mercy of all 300K packages at once, something is bound to break. Shithead contractors fucking love it, that's why you see them insisting on node for everything, and how they haven't ever shipped a product despite having 10 years of experience. They just bail when the 3 out of 5 days gets to be 6 out of 5 days or the company runs out of money.

0/10

Yes, it's jQuery, it's the most based js library if you want to call it one, or whatever the other faggy user will correct me on calling it. 99% of business apps can easily get away with jquery. you just need to have a few things happen when you click a button, it's perfect. If you want to make the argument that you have some incredibly complicated calendar, or your app is entirely based around some complicated thing that would require a shit ton of ajax, then yes the argument for using angular or react is valid because the downtime I mention is worth it versus the development time and cost you save. What you see shitters do nowadays is insist everything must be angular or react, even the most basic shit. jquery is based because it lets you do the maximum amount of shit while still staying stable for 10 years at a time.

jqueryscript.net/

hey OP, sux my dik

It was comfy and easy to use when I was 15 years old.

You guys HAVE been coding since middle school...right?