Multithread is a meme. Quad cores are still fine

I have a 7920x overclocked to 4.5ghz which has 12 cores and 24 threads and nothing ever uses more than like six of them. High thread counts are a meme and 8 cores and still bitching nowadays. literally the only thing that uses like half of my total power is encoders. Thread count is a meme. You've been jewed. A quad core from 2013 is literally still fine

Attached: Sandy-Bridge-2500k-S-1155-Unlocked.jpg (992x798, 407.33K)

True for around 90% of the population but you didn't take into account the heavy performance degradation of old intel CPUs that have hundreds of security patches applied automatically via OS updates. You can do a fresh OS install and completely nuke the update function but then you're basically guaranteed to get infested with undetectable rootkits and keyloggers.

But even that aside older CPUs in general are obnoxiously loud due to how much power they suck down and investing money towards water cooling might as well be spent on a modern day computer anyway.

I have my cpu on an air cooler and the security patches thing is like a five year old meme

Sounds like cope

H
O
U
R
L
Y

The first year it was a meme, barely affected game FPS. It did affect pafe file performance though, so people using SSDs are RAM got really pissed off. Unfortunately it started affecting game FPS and which fueled such an outrageously high demand for the 3300X to the point where AMD just couldn't keep up. Piece of shit CPU didn't even have graphics, talk about stingy.

Attached: 1587075610222.jpg (1623x919, 202.12K)

Is this the poorfag cope thread?

>muh patches
just dont install them
>but then you're basically guaranteed to get infested with undetectable rootkits and keyloggers
meds now

You can LITERALLY have 100 different anti-virus scanners running concurrently and not a single one of them will tell you anything is wrong. With the first wave of patches you had to be a burning fireball of a spook with an IQ north of 300. That's not the case anymore, there's HUNDREDS of vulnerabilities with MULTIPLE remote attack vectors through IME/intel graphics. I'm not even joking, look it up.

>hourly poorfag cope thread

Do you post a new thread every time your shitty 2500k lags to relief yourself?

>You can LITERALLY have 100 different anti-virus scanners running concurrently and not a single one of them will tell you anything is wrong.
because antiviruses are shit scam products that dont do jack shit against new viruses, they just hash-detect against existing ones.
>there's HUNDREDS of vulnerabilities with MULTIPLE remote attack vectors through IME/intel graphics
I literally don't care. No viruses on my computer. Now fuck off and take your meds.

What part of "undetectable rootkits and keyloggers" do yo not understand?

Security patches have led to no widescale degradation in gaming performance. Occasionally, there are games that get noticeably affected, like your cherrypicked example here .
>older CPUs in general are obnoxiously loud
My aftermarket air cooler keeps things quiet.

Attached: Screenshot (8).png (688x395, 36.62K)

>there are invisible things on your computer that you can't tell are there
>they don't have any effect so you can't tell they are there
>they don't use any CPU or GPU so you can't tell they are there
>they don't steal any of your bank info and passwords so you can't tell they are there
>they don't ransom any of your files so you can't tell they are there
>b-b-but they totally exist, there are millions of them on your PC!!!!!!
~-.-~MEDS!!!~-.-~
NOOOOWWWWWW

Attached: meds now (2).gif (200x200, 463.77K)

>t. spook

>DUDE I SWEAR, THERE ARE THESE INVIISIBLE "THINGS" THAT HAUNT ME BRO
>YOU CANT SEE THEM BUT I TOTALLY SWEAR BRO, ITS TOTALLY REAL I PROMISE
Take Your MEDS!

Attached: meds now.gif (251x338, 356.4K)

>2012+40
>>y-you dont need m-more than 4 c-cores g-goyim!!!
yeah sure buddy, keep towing the line, maybe we'll still be stuck with 4 core processors in the 22nd century.
keep killing moore's law by being a tamed consoomer who doesn't care that shintel is selling you the same product they were selling 10 years ago for 10x markup
>buy le i7-9999570k for another quad core at 3.9GHz! we added 2 new instructions since 2067!

>heavy performance degradation of old intel CPUs that have hundreds of security patches applied automatically via OS updates
what mitigations? what OS updates?
>undetectable blah blah blah
you'd have those even with full mitigations, vax+8 boosters and a mask, because exploiting CPU bugs requires local, native code execution
you REALLY think an attacker would spin up your CPU fans to do some esoteric side-channel timing attack when they could just exploit one of the thousands of privilege escalation bugs in your shitty OS and hook your bootloader?

Take your vax.

Imagine being this mad over a troll thread

>UHHH THERE ARE THESE INVISIBLE LIVING THINGS THAT WILL INFECT YOU
>MOST OF THE TIME YOU CANT EVEN TELL THEY ARE THERE BUT ITS A PANDEMIC OMG
>SOMETIMES IT KILLS FAT PEOPLE AND BOOMERS
>BUT MOST OF THE TIME YOU CANT EVEN TELL ITS THERE BECAUSE muh "Asymptomatic Cases"
>THATS WHY I NEED TO TAKE LE MAGIC SCIENCE VAX THAT CAN TOTALLY PROTECT ME
meds (not the vaccine) TAKE YOUR MEDS SCHISO

Multithread can be useful for some usecases but for the average gaymer/normie it's really not a big deal, especially in regards to intel based CPUs that often don't have enough cache to support serious multitasking and 100% utilization.
I just like muh thread count for compiling, miss my 3900x, that thing was the first CPU I had that could outperform my old R815 rackmount server for compile times on the linux kernel.

Rootkits provide unauthorized remote access.
Keyloggers simply track keystrokes and send the data elsewhere.
They wont show any serious CPU/GPU usage because the logic required for them to just run in the background is minimal.
You wont know if they're on there because if they're exploiting a hardware level vulnerability there's no real way to tell via a software solution.

>Rootkits provide unauthorized remote access.
>Keyloggers simply track keystrokes and send the data elsewhere.
So you think some rando is just going to install rootkits and keyloggers but not bother installing crypto miners? You think this guy doesn't even bother to steal my banking password and steal my money? Huh? Fucking faggot.
Therre are no rootkits and keyloggers, you just need to TAKE. YOUR. MEDS. NOOOOOW.

>the only thing that uses like half of my total power is [the common situation where end users come in contact with high quality software]
yeah, and you can keep using your computer while it's doing that in the background.

>So you think some rando is just going to install rootkits and keyloggers but not bother installing crypto miners?
It all depends on your intentions, if you're building a botnet you want to remain undetected, including a miner would make things pretty obvious.
>You think this guy doesn't even bother to steal my banking password and steal my money?
It could be done too, you'd have no direct way of proving that it was either a keylogger or a rootkit.
But again, it comes down to intention.

Wonder how the Apple chips will age and if they'll have many hardware vulnerabilities.