Are HP products (specifically laptops) good or not...

are HP products (specifically laptops) good or not? i keep hearing people saying online that they're shit or they're really nice. which one is it?

Attached: R (26).jpg (1250x1250, 127.16K)

Most laptops brands are completely shit nowadays. I recommend getting a good warranty, and use the laptop like you normally would.

I've never had a HP laptop that didn't physically fall apart before the first year.

>i keep hearing people saying online that they're shit or they're really nice
most likely former descrive pavilions and latter zbooks
just imagine that this is a car make that you're asking about

they're pretty awful. all sorts of weird proprietary shit and bad design choices, bloatware out the ass on the OEM install
>play jootoob video on work (dell) laptop
>audio is strange
>google "dell modelnumberhere audio broken"
>turns out, dell pre-installs an audiophool app that adds reverb and a retarded spiky EQ to your audio output
>uninstall it
>it reinstalls on the next "system update"
>updates take like 30 minutes because dell shitware forces bios updates literally every day, one power loss during this and your system is bricked
>overall, it was an 8gb (16gb physically, but half is reserved by the underpowered GPU for no good reason) quadcore with less performance than my decade old desktop, costing twice as much (used, might i add) as the desktop did
0/10 avoid at all costs. buy a stack of stinkpads instead

spot the violent nigger. do your phones' screens break frequently too?

HP Elitebook is good.
Dell latitude is good.

Avoid consumer shit from any brand. ALL consumer laptops are fucking trash, brand doesn't matter. Stick to used business laptops of any brand
>great deals
>good supply of replacement parts
>good keyboards
>More ports than consumershit laptops
Come home

Printer bad
Elitebook good

HP consumer is garbage.

HPE is fairly decent. They have certain things I like for Nimble arrays where they will send you a drive if it starts to fail, before you typically know. They also have a fucking American citizen call you and they tell you everything like the tracking number, etc.

Honestly, Dell has better enterprise laptop support from my experience, even for shit as simple as SCCM driver packages.

Attached: 1639944233704.jpg (359x323, 24.2K)

DO NO BUY ANY HP LAPTOP WITH THE HINGE DESIGN FLAW.

Elitebooks are, or at least were good, I haven't kept up with it since my Elitebook still works great despite being old.

Hardware is fine to good, but they're nazis whenbit comes to firmware lockdown. It's worse than what you see even on most smartphones.

i started working for nimble side of things as an SE recently and they're shipping out a lot of stuff to england and india. good opinion of them so far though

the only good HP hardware is the old ProCurve switches w/ the lifetime warranty, everything else is garbage

what the fuck what flaw????? 255 g7 retard here, am i affected?

I just aquired a used HP z840 nice specs and it's made beutifully. I just bought some memory 128 gb but have had no luck ibstallling it, all get are error beeps.
My first instinct = this HP stuff is shit because the memory kit I bought is the exact same as that installed .. right .. so it must work .. right !?!
So I install RAMMON and get schooled , the ram is not the same exactly and in 3 key metrics differs from the original.
Now a dual CPU with NUMA memory is very very picky, that shit is hard to do.

>TLDR .. HP make good shit but you have to be on your toes when upgrading and do your homework cause it isn't thier fault you are a dunce.

I own several:

>DV6000
>DV9000
>dv5
>dv6
>dv7
>G62
>G6

Issues I've known on each:
>Intel-based dv6000 and 9000 run a bit hot (Geforce 8M series GPU runs like that by default), AMDs are total nightmares.
>same goes for dv5,dv6 and dv7. Intels run hot at best, AMDs are literal house-fucking-fires.
>the only G62 I have is an Champlain AMD version. Surprisingly doesn't melt whatever it's put on, though the HUEG copper in the heatsink might contribute to that.
>the G6 I've had two. The AMD APU version is downright stinky rancid dog turd that's been in the sun for a whole week.The Intel version isn't bad but their switchable Radeon GPU that's on it will absolutely and positively refuse to run with HP's drivers. AMD's own drivers will run just fine though.

I pity that you haven't ever had to deal with Lenovo. HP is kids play compared to those fuckers.

my hp shitbook runs ok with arch on it
windows it constantly overheated

Flashing anything but signed HP firmware is literally impossible on my laptop without bricking it. And no, doing it with a flash programmer doesn't work, either. Otherwise it's pretty good with excellent Linux "support" (or rather it works well by pure luck). It's a Pavilion Gaming 2018 model.
I can imagine most laptops being this bad nowadays because Microsoft literally demands it, but I can't tell from experiece.

Business range models like EliteBooks and ZBooks are good, new is expensive and not worth but you can often pick up good second hand deals.

I have an envy and it's a piece of shit. Would not recommend any of their consumer lines at all.

You make it sound like a bug, but if you are running a corporate excercise making unsigned firmware updates mandatory is a no brainer good idea.

Their printers are good and work well with Linux.