What justifies the price point?

The keyboard looks basic and the screen on my 1200€ laptop already looks great (IPS) and runs buttery smooth (144hz). The battery has never been a problem either. I can also play gaymes with my gf on it.
Why are there so many threads bashing Windows and Linux apart from swaglord's relapsing butthole?

Attached: MacBook-Air-M1-2020-Review_5708-8.jpg (1200x800, 136.04K)

Just buy a slimbook executive dumbass

>m1 chip has decent throughput, low latency, high battery life.
>Kickass trackpad, good speakers for the price point and form factor, sturdy build
>MacOS

It's probably the most competitive MBA ever but it's still a computer that's a few years old at this point being sold for the same price. It isn't quite the bargain it was back in 2020.

I own both a gaming laptop and a macbook air, either will do but I have really grown to hate windows (Due to advertisement added to the UI, the blatent spying, the general bloatedness, lack of terminal integration and gnu tools, and much more) So i am running linux on my gaming laptop. It works fine. it does basically all I need/want. BUT its very janky. any propreitary software I need to install is a hassle (matlab for example) Thats where macOS comes in. It has greater software compatibilty with propreitary things I am forced to use. Theres next to no jank unlike linux and windows. Theres less spying than windows (though not as good as linux obviously) theres no advertising in the UI. It has great integration with my phone (unlike windows and linux which are not well integrated with either iOS or android.)

The macbook air is the cheapest way to get ahold of macOS that isnt a hackintosh. it has great battery, it barely weighs anything, it doesn't need a fan, and the screen is high resolution. the trackpad is great, the keyboard is great for a laptop, and runs all the software I need.

TLDR: its unix like with the least jank and largest software compatibility in a small, light weight, performant package.

I like my M1 MacBook Air. It's the comfiest laptop I've ever used. I hate the apple spam though.

fpbp basado promoting Slimbook
I exclusively use Windows to play Fall Guys myself. I need Linux to be productive. Windows needs way too much tweaking when Pop Shell was almost plug and play, and all toolchains do stupid stuff on Windows.

>What justifies the price point?
demand

I need a new lappy for programming, youtube-ing, web surfing, watching pirated movies with VLC, image board shit posting and office use. No gaming. Should I get the M1 Air or the M1 14inch MacBook Pro?

I heard a lot of people were complaining the Air overheats, and the CPU throttles and the case gets so hot that it's a problem holding it in your lap. Give me some advice fellow nerds.

Attached: 1646613983609.png (1346x408, 79.4K)

Why would you spend extra for stuff that can be done on any other OS, other than being a w*man or a faggot who wants his UI to be faggy

The Air will do all of that. MBP 14" would be wasted power.

The M1 Airs do not overheat, you're thinking of the complaints about the Intel MBPs and Airs. I push my M1 MBP 13" hard, and never hear the fans come on, it's the coolest (temp wise) laptop I've ever used.

the M1 Air is the best bang for your buck laptop on the market, for non-gaming/non heavy lifting use. Refurbs are on the market now, you can get them for $800. If you want to take the time to monitor the Apple site, they list refurbs for $850, but they don't last long.

>What justifies the price point
The incredible M1 processor and the exquisite macOS experience.

>Refurbs are on the market now, you can get them for $800
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA what the FUCK

>Homosex tax

>What justifies the price point
It has a half eaten apple on the back, it looks modern and cool and the OS is made for literal braindead toddlers, nothing more.
Any other OS and computer will be noticeably better in everything, but won't look so fashionable like an applol compooter will look.

that I made beaucoup bucks thanks to Any Forums and wsb a little while back and don't have to give a fuck about money anymore

>apart from swaglord's relapsing butthole?
that's the only reason
iniggers deserve the rope

Attached: 1645437251893.jpg (640x600, 71.08K)

>street shitter whining about ads in wangblows while on his curryniggerOS that invented ads in the OS
iJeets truly are subhuman niggers KEK

Attached: 1636893576232.png (610x387, 108.17K)

Use IINA (mpv wrapper, basically) on a Mac. Never use VLC on anything ever again.

>pajeet book """""""""""build quality"""""""""""""
>2009-2010
>defective "fake" unibody design causes screen bezel to crack and fall apart by itself after 2 years of normal open/close
>2011
>screen held on to chassis with glue and melts and falls off because the heat exhaust blows 100°C hot air onto it
>2012
>GPU kills itself because of defective soldering and overheating
>2013
>magically no major show stopping defects
>still tons of small defects and proprietary SSDs from this point on
>still an overheating turd like all apple throttlebooks
>2014-2015
>massive CPU/GPU overheating and component failure
>2016-2020
>massive overheating and throttling issues
>soldered components make upgrading and data recovery impossible
>screens so fragile that a sticker over the webcam cracks the screen when closed
>keyboard guaranteed to fail in less than 2 months unless you live in the vacuum of space
>screens cant be opened past 90 degrees or the internal cables tear because they're cheap shit
>2021+
>keyboards are still failing albeit at lower rate
>pajeetOS rapes the onboard soldered SSD like a cheap viet ladyboy 24/7 even with 16GB RAM
>8GB RAM pajeet book lifespan for SSDs even more grim
>screens are cheap shit glass that crack from simple temperature change in seasons
>miniLED screens are utter shit and have massive bloom defects that make fucking everything glow like CIA niggers

iNiggers have stockholm syndrome. There's no other explanation why they would continuously defend the steaming currynigger shit apploo street shitters shart down their throats.

Attached: 1644955302114.png (594x843, 243.71K)

My work pays for it - that's my justification.

I had a MacBook Pro in 2013 and an Air m1 now. So Applel has been good to me. But really the Air m1 has many good traits. I guess we'll see how long the SSD lasts