/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Note: This general is hijacked often, fake troll threads link to anti-windows rantings or shill random software, report and ignore them.
Use the feedback form: 4channel.org/feedback

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions.
Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips & tricks that enhance your life with Windows.

Remember: Notice the friendly - please be civil when possible.

>Paste
rentry.org/fwt

>Installing Windows for retards:
rentry.org/windows_for_retards

FAQ:
>Where can I get the ISOs?
>How do I activate?
>Can I change editions after install?
>Where do I get Office?
read the paste: rentry.org/fwt
>Which version should I get?
Anything except Home/Pro.

>How do I debloat Windows 10 or 11?
Offline (pre-install): rentry.org/mdl-optimize-guide
Online (live install): privatezilla / thisiswin11 (and dont mindlessly tick everything)
Don't mix offline & online tools with each other.

>Is Optimize-Offline worth it?
No.

>Can I upgrade to LTSC 2021?
Only from previous LTSC builds w/o doing the upgrade matrix hack in rentry paste.

>LTSC or LTSC IoT?
Same thing just different licensing and support.
LTSC for corporate PCs/devices with 5 years support (KMS only).
LTSC IoT for consumer devices with 10 years support (HWID only).

>Do I even need LTSC?
All versions of W10 are essentially LTSC now getting mostly security updates as development of new features has shifted focus to W11.
W10 Home/Pro/Edu/Enterprise editions are all EoL in 2025 (2027 for LTSC) whereas IoT LTSC will be supported until 2032.

>I already run Windows 7, but don't want to clean install?
The non-LTSC installers can upgrade.

>Are homebrew ISOs safe (Gen2/Ameliorated)?
No, use only official Microsoft images.

/fwt/ spammer aka staxshill filter (4chanX): pastebin.com/F0Trfkfq (embed)

Previous thread:

Attached: windows-chan.jpg (1600x1000, 134.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/files-community/Files
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just ordered a new monitor, thinking about using old one for dual setup, how does Windows behave with different res? New monitor is 4k/60hz, old 1080p/60hz

Is it possible to access a Bitlocker encrypted USB drive in Windows 10 Home? I tried to look it up but I'm getting varying results. Some say that you can only create new Bitlocker volumes in Pro, Enterprise or Education but you can still access them in Home, while others say that you can't even read them in Home.

I currently have two computers running Windows 10 Pro. Both have their drive encrypted with Bitlocker, and I'm using this external USB drive to sync files between them. The USB drive is also currently encrypted with Bitlocker, but I'm thinking if I should switch to Veracrypt on it. Even though I currently have Pro versions, I would like to have the option to access it in Home just in case.

Attached: 1634742028292.png (1024x1024, 272.19K)

You fucking asked this last thread and I ignored you there too. Stop asking stupid questions. If someone else can be assed to ask your dumb room temperature encryption questions then I hope they value their time better than I do.

NANAMIDASHI

Fuck you, I don't care about what you think

You cared enough to tell me you don't care.

Verification not required.

Attached: file.png (1280x1400, 214.88K)

You're the one who started sperging out in the first place. What is even the point of this thread if you can't ask questions? I didn't find a clear answer for that so that's why I ask here.

Sperging? All I did was call you a faggot who doesn't even understand the importance of encryption. (You) really think your anime nigger faggot shit is so important to keep from the glowies it needs to be AES-256 secured? Fuck you nigger.

Attached: file.png (1280x1400, 236.26K)

Fuck you you fucking retard. You're the one who doesn't understand the importance of encryption. I'm not trying to hide from the glowies but I want to prevent any random faggot from accessing the files on my computer.

(You) know what? I actually feel like engaging with you on this one. If you're so fucking stupid to put PI on a thumbdrive, then you really deserve to have it stolen. You shouldn't be putting anything on portable or storage medium that can identify you, and just exposed how little you know about CI.

Ain't got shit to say now, huh nigger?!

Attached: file.png (1280x1399, 242.72K)

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. How do you think someone's going to decrypt the encrypted data on a usb drive if they don't have access to the key/password?

Gottem to seethe again. OK do you want me to tell you about the supercomputers we use at work to crack AES keys? You think because you're encrypted that makes you impenetrable to snooping? Who are you trying to stop here? Joe schmoe?

If that were true, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING ON THERE YOU ARE EMBARASSED FOR THE PUBLIC TO KNOW! And since you're posting anime on a #AnimeWebsite, I shouldn't find any cheese pizza or fucking beastiality on there, right? Yeah? OK so what's the issue?

Attached: file.png (1280x1399, 255.83K)

Like I already said before, I'm not trying to hide from some world class intelligence agency. But I want to stop literally anyone from reading the data on the drive. Do you understand this you fucking retard? If it's encrypted then any random guy can't just plug it in and start reading the data.

Whatever dude, you're clearly some retarted election tourist that just yells nigger the moment they don't understand something.

Didn't post a screencap of your verification not required, so I don't believe you. Yet again, you are embarrassed on what you have, so you want to be encrypted. But don't you worry, I just told Agent Hanes at work to contact Hiro to get your IP. We'll have a look at your computer dude.

>Yet again, you are embarrassed on what you have, so you want to be encrypted
Do you also leave the door of your house unlocked and the door open when you use a public bathroom?

OH NO GUYS! THE JANNIES BANNED ME AGAIN! WHAT WILL I EVER DOOOOOOOOOOOO! I wonder how hard these hotpocket eating niggers are dialting in their Discord
>THAT FUCKING GIR489 GUY IS BACK AGAIN! MY HOTPOCKET POWERS ARE NO MATCH FOR A PROFESSIONAL SECURITY ENGINEER! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO GUYS?!

Delete this post too and ban me for ban evasion to acknowledge my superiority please. I'll just come back again. You can't stop me. Even if you rangeban all of Comcast.VA, I have proxies from all around the world. And even if you figure those out, I can just RAT some people and use their boxes, but that's illegal and I won't go that far. So keep playing pissing contest with a security engineer. See where it gets you. But go ahead and maybe try to ban my User Agent so I can just lie about that too.

Maybe you live in an area where people walk in on you, but I have an M16A4. If you think a lock will keep an honest person out, you're sorely mistaken you fucking anime delusional nigger.

posting this again in case of general interest
github.com/files-community/Files
replacer for explorer

Nice. Glad to see you again fren. I had a fren look over it too, he gave it the thumbs up too.

ye i really like it over the stock explorer
looks cute af too
right now tho i am using manjaro linux so im going to install it on my laptop which has the latest windows 11 education :D