Thoughts?

Thoughts?
youtube.com/watch?v=D9h_0dnSGWk

Attached: 1628952228254.jpg (320x180, 14.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CE6UGIrHtRw?t=20
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ITT: debian derived distro copelets seethe non stop for hours

Correct. Ubuntu is a complete mess nowadays and it's so fucking buggy that even on an LTS version running on the most generic Intel CPU + iGPU system it constantly crashed. Fedora is sleek, elegant, and rugged. It's what desktop Linux for normalfags is supposed to be.

ubuntu is still more "just works" than fedora you can cope and seethe about it all you want

Pretty good channel for turbo normans. I'm more into channels like this
youtu.be/CE6UGIrHtRw?t=20

About time someone dethroned Ubuntu. You can't have one person at the top forever, or they start to stagnate and decline.

Got a new laptop and torn between Ubuntu 22.04 and Fedora 36. Tried Fedora once but didn't like the slow package manager, had some bugs with suspend on ThinkPad so went back to Ubuntu 20.04. Tempted to give Fedora another try. Flatpak better than snaps?

Never really bothered with either, I just used the normal apps. Pick your DE of choice from the spins page and give it a shot. VM optional if you're not fully invested is switching yet.
As for the package manager, I say it's fine if it takes a few seconds to test before running installs or updates. Measure twice, cut once, etc..

>Fedora is the new Ubuntu
Meaningless statement.

>Fedora is sleek, elegant, and rugged.
In what possible way does having those attributes make it "the new ubuntu"?

Ubuntu has always given me strange bugs, which is probably related to the point he made about their package versions being all screwed up, and their version of Gnome being a frankenstein of extensions and different things being on different versions. Fedora gives you a vanilla DE experience, and their packages are farily up-to-date without going full rolling. I'd say go with Fedora.

Honest question no troll: Why fedora over mint?

Distrohopping is for idiots. Any software that matters can run under any distro you chose. Distros distinguish themselves organizationally, through aesthetics, and other superficial means. The differences between apt and yum or deb and rpm are superficial for virtually all intents and purposes.

Works fine for me. Ran 18.04 and now 20.04 with Ryzen 1700, no issues.

Packages are more up-to-date without losing stability, and they are usually the first to adopt new technologies. Right now on Fedora I'm enjoying up-to-date drivers, wayland, and pipewire, and they all work flawlessly.

You are very smart sir, what distro to you use I'm gonna install just that.

I don't know myb you like tablet ui

I use OpenSUSE, because I like the lizard mascot. If you like lizards too, I heartily recommend OpenSUSE.

This guy unironically used Manjaro before pay no attention to him.

fedora for semi rolling, mint for lts

Ah , well I mean I use a 2015 imac with linux mint instead of macos so up to date drivers is less likely going to affect me anyway.

Fedora is still too hard to install, too focused on ideology to just work properly and too short-lived to replace Ubuntu in any way except as a test ground of new technologies as argued in the video.