What disk encryption does Any Forums use...

What disk encryption does Any Forums use? Just installed Arch for the first time and wondering what the most popular full disk encryption is (and why)?

Attached: encryption.jpg (700x394, 131.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

invidious-us.kavin.rocks/watch?v=DPLnBPM4DhI
youtube.com/watch?v=DPLnBPM4DhI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isnt disk encryption something you supposed to do during installation?

i use luke because thats the only thing i know, i am a faggot like you OP so idk

I use Luks LVM

Bitlocker on Windows, LUKS on Linux
Sinple as

VeraCrypt or LUKS

On Linux, for FDE most use LUKS as its pretty easy and transparent during partitioning and setup of the install process. On Windows some use BitLocker, but that's not quite the same thing and of course not FOSS.

For discretionary encryption of a wide variety of files, especially an encrypted partition or mountable file store (with or without a plausible deniability layer), VeraCrypt is worth it on any OS from Linux to Windows. It has higher quality encryption algos and a lot of options, and can be applied to a ton of different situations from a single file to a partition.

Veracrypt, used by drug vendors and buyers on the dn

LUKS2 obviously.

luks, but you should encrypt before installing

The one that comes with Asus's ROG and Windows 11. Not like I have anything valuable there only myself and my sister uses it. Oh well actually it has lots of picture of my sister naked when she was a small kid, what's with women saving naked pictures of themselves

Does someone what's the difference between Windows's "device encryption" and Bitlocker?

Bitlocker is only available in pro, enterprise or education versions. But why do they have two different types of encryption, why not just allow Bitlocker for home edition users too?

luks2 with lvm on FDE, only few distros can do this, arch is one of them.

Attached: screenshot-20220320081400.png (398x195, 15.55K)

have fun when arch irreversibly breaks and you can't recover any of your data because you encrypted it like a retard.

The nice thing about LUKS is that you can decrypt it from anywhere LUKS can run, typically only requiring the password that it was encrypted with. That's been my experience these past 13 years at least.

Just make regular backups if your data is even slightly important. A much better option than relying on being able to recover data from a single drive.

luks but if you want full disk including OS you should have done it duing instasll

why lvm?(if you mean that encrypt your unified partitions will gives any advantage you are a fucking retard)

Bitlocker is fine as long as you disable the default saving of your key to your MS account

Yep. I plug in my encrypted drives, decrypt them, then rsync them about once a month. It can be done from a liveUSB, very easy, I like TAILS for this task.

you're supposed to encrypt your drive during installation, here's a video that'll tell you how to do it step-by-step: invidious-us.kavin.rocks/watch?v=DPLnBPM4DhI
it's a bit long because he covers all bases, jump to the part where it pertains you.

if you prefer youtube: youtube.com/watch?v=DPLnBPM4DhI

thanks bro

because I don't need a big protection, only to prevent basic robbery, and my working machine is low spec, so only one password protecting all is enough instead of having 3 encrypted instances running.