A fucking monitor runs the full iOS 15, but they still don't give M1 iPads macOS. Why?

A fucking monitor runs the full iOS 15, but they still don't give M1 iPads macOS. Why?

Attached: studiodisplayios.png (1382x1416, 1002.55K)

Because they don’t want to cannibalize their own products. An M1 iPad Pro running MacOS is literally just a MacBook Air with a touchscreen.

Why does it need to run iOS?

Can't wait till someone jailbreaks the monitor to run the full user interface and apps of iOS

Can it be hacked to run as its own machine?

I don't think iOS allows mice, which would be a requirement since it's not a touch screen. I could be wrong, I know Android allows them.

iPadOS supports mice but I’m not sure about iOS

This actually should be super worrying for Apple users that the monitor runs the full version of iOS. Apple's software engineers are so incompetent that they can't cut down iOS in to just what they need and run that. Realistically all they need is the audio processing, display management and camera processing and the dependencies for those. Goes to show Apple doesn't understand its codebase anymore. Be prepared for their updates to get worse and worse, they've hit H1B critical mass.

No this is just cheap and easy and the hardware is already overpowered for what it's doing. This is just laziness

but can it run doom?

clever way to make use of surplus silicon. why change anything when you don't have to? it would be a waste of money.

>This actually should be super worrying for Apple users
yea I'm sure they're all losing their shit rn

Probably it's cheaper to use just some overpowered chip that is already in production than designing a brand new one for this purpose.

The A13 chips in these things are almost certainly chips that didn't pass QC because several parts are bad. It's just enough to run the functions of the monitor, not actually run iOS. That's probably why the camera quality is so bad.

basically this
> design whole new dedicated chips for the monitor, which could have several bugs
vs
> use cheap older chip and just addd $50 in the monitor's final price

iPad OS supports mice. People keep asking for stylus support on Mac OS, but desu it'd be inconvenient. They just need a 'wacom mode' for iPads connected to Macs.

That's actually pretty reasonable and makes sense for Apple.

This. 2 more weeks till apple collapses.

for how long will the a12 chip get software updates? tempted to trade my 11 for an xr to get cash for stuff i need
dont use it much outside browsing stuff anyway, dont need the night vision camera

Attached: 1646174494833.png (800x800, 547.23K)

Apple stuff tends to be supported for 5-7 years, unless a major architecture change happens (Intel -> Apple Silicon etc.) which cuts it to about 2 years.

2-3 years, most likely.

Asking the important questions

>Monitor becomes an attack surface
Nothing personnel, kid

The monitor does not connect to the internet, and it probably does not run the full version of iOS.

They wouldn't push security updates to it if it wasn't an attack surface