Getting an i7-4790K in 2022

Getting an i7-4790K in 2022.
How much is the Devil's Canyon viable today? Will I get a few years of performance out of it? Will be using it for games and shitposting.

Attached: img_9604-png.png (700x498, 667.95K)

i'm gaming with an i7-3770k and its playing everything with no problems, you'll be fine unless your videocard is a potato

Quad cores are dogshit nowadays with all the bloat and bullshit, especially such ancient generation.
I wouldn't use one even for web browsing unless I absolutely had to.

Pretty sure you can find some cheap used combos with R5 2600/3600, it's a much better deal.

Don't get this piece of shit, it's way too expensive for what it is

depends on the type of vidya you play.

if you mainly play older games, indies, and "e-sports" titles (league/dota/valorant/csgo/etc) you'll be fine.

anything modern will be bottlenecked to hell by that CPU, so no new cawwadooties or halo or whatever.

if you're buying it new then you're insane, but if its a Fleabay purchase then you could do worse. it can hold its own still

ignore this faggot. I've just played Cyberpunk, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Elder Ring on my trusty 4770 and it coped quite easily

>Getting an i7-4790K in 2022.
why

do not listen to this jew

Meanwhile I use a 2 core 4 thread CPU for web browsing and it actually runs pretty well, lol. Keep in mind that AMD sold Ryzen 3's as a quad core until recently. Those are still good CPUs.

Why.jpg
Zen 1/2 would be better at the same or even less price

Attached: 1642796150283.jpg (1200x1200, 740.43K)

Because anything newer is prohibitively expensive.
BTW GPU is GTX 1660

You try putting that in your LGA1150 Optiplex you got from the office for free

Why not get a same gen same socket Xeon instead?

Works great. Elden ring runs maxed out on mine at 1440. Very light sporadic slowdown when the game tries to load stuff in background threads.
Just don't install too much spyware.

The 4790k is fastest cpu for this socket.

unless you're already on z97/z87 get a 12th gen i3. Also if ur on z97 get a 5775C instead.

Yeah, also the most expensive even used
No point shelling big bucks for some DDR3 grandpa tier 4 core shittel

I only have a i5 4570 but it was already an obvious bottleneck back in 19-20, when I still had a graphics card.

If you want cheap but willing to spend some more then get one of those laptop-converted CPUs, you get 8c16t for like $250. However you'll have to upgrade the rest of your system.

i put one in my pc instead of a 4670k when i started hitting 100% cpu usage in games and having some strange performance issues.
no bottlenecking with my 2070.

xeon + old dell/lenovo/hp workstation mobo

Ryzen and even Gs seem to have beaten most Quads and I's I'd get those if I were you
>like how much stronger are they?
It's not just about raw power, they have new tech in them which today's garbage encoders, browsers, engines, OS's require in order to run smoothly. Going for Linux won't save you if you want to watch videos on Youtube in 1440 or 4k , Youtube is a festering pile of shit encoding wise now, they require modern GPUs.
Listen to this man.

Albeit for video encoding and video games it's the GPU that matters far more.

a Q9550 can stand a GTX 1060 6GB before the GPU starts overpowering it. a Q9550 is equivalent to an I5-2500k