Node ipc

he's right, you know?

Attached: 1632841351737.png (586x618, 53.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/kraih/status/1408525949218570240
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Unless he changes the logo to CP amrite

no, he's a douche bag

he's right, but he's also a massive faggot so I don't care about his opinion

He's absolutely right. If you blindly implement every update without an audit first, you fucking deserve what you get.

who?

Attached: twitter thread.webm (696x522, 1.72M)

He does have a point. You should version lock your dependencies, always. It still doesn't justify inserting malware into your code with a clear intention to do damage.

you are right sir

He's not wrong but I bet that if it was the other way round he would be a seething soi cuck crying for mommie gov.

I wounder what would he think I one of those changes were to be replacing every comment with "NIGGER" or butting black crime statistics on the READ ME

Attached: ukraine.png (1024x1280, 1.29M)

Come on, not really. The entire software packaging ecosystem is based on blind faith. Some upstreams are more trustworthy than others like distro maintainers are usually not just randos but anyone can publish a package to npm.
For developers, this is kind of a dark secret that nobody wants to discuss and management doesn't understand. Virtually nobody audits all dependencies before upgrading. The most anyone does is delay it a week or so to see if any CVEs come up.

> muh free software
> umm sweaty you need to read every line of source code for any package you use
freecucks btfo

Attached: 421916F0-D28C-4015-85B4-F4D6795A8905.jpg (680x575, 43.19K)

Same deal. (You) downloaded it. It's on (You)r computer. (You) are in possession of it. (You) are getting pounded in the ass in federal prison.

#NotMyNigel

Attached: Nigel_BTFO_USA.webm (480x480, 2.9M)

writing foss is a responsibility. no one forces you to write foss code.
if you use your position of power to damage other people working tools than you are responsible for that damage. specially if the code you write is intended to do that damage.
mistakes happen, this was not a mistake. this creates a trust issue on all foss code, all of it.
i hope the moron gets punished hard.

mobile.twitter.com/kraih/status/1408525949218570240

Attached: Screenshot_2022-03-20-12-27-32-842_org.mozilla.fenix.jpg (1080x2400, 671.58K)

>if you would pay
i hate the begging attitude in parts of the FOSS community.
paid software also has clauses to exclude reimbursement in case of a damage. games or drivers frying your GPUs as an example. still no excuse to intentionally spread malware in the most dilettante way.

lets see what the judge take will be on that one

Any confirmed suits yet?

using foss is a responsibility. no one forces you to use use foss code.

no one forces you to write foss code.

MIT license is not above the law.

does that mean if i spike the blankets i'm sending to the ukrainian refugees with disease-bearing parasites, the blame on the problems they get is on them because they should have inspected each blanket before handing them out?

If your bank decides to keep your money, that's your fault.
If your cereal manufacturer decides to poison your cereal, that's your fault.

Rise up and become fully self-sufficient, anons

The difference is you pay for the box of cereal.
If you find a box of cereal on the side of the road and die from eating it, that's actually your fault.

Which law?

That's a retarded take. Yes you are responsible for what goes on your system, but that doesn't mean that devs aren't morally accountable for respecting their users. Morally accountable in the sense that it is morally wrong for them to trick users.

An analogy would be, I'm responsible for not stepping in dog shit but it is still morally wrong for you to hide dog shit under a pile of leaves in the middle of the sidewalk hoping that someone steps in it.

kek payment has nothing to do with it. Could have been free cereal and it wouldn't matter

license isn't going to protect them from intentionally adding malicious code, just like those EULAs don't protect companies from going against the law and committing crimes

wow, I thought we were past the whole "she was asking for it" argument

Nigga you really think its legal to poison boxes of cereal and then leave then around

now apply the same logic to public education

>I support free speech and libertarian values UNTIL they go against what I like, which I only like because the majority dislikes it
Conservative zoomers are NPCs through and through.