This is the future of Linux

This is the future of Linux

Attached: silverblue-logo.png (404x404, 13.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/void-linux/void-packages
man.voidlinux.org/xtools
voidlinux.org/packages/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Doesn't impact linux in the slightest
>This is the future of linux!!!!!!
Yes user, good is good but void is the future of linux.
XBPS software is the best software that exists as of right now
For people who are tech-illiterate to a certain degree, yes, Fedora is good but i don't get how silverblue is suppposed to influence anything

xbepis is a piece of trash, barely any better than pacman.

Pacman is trash, and i'm reffering mostly to

xbps-src ( github.com/void-linux/void-packages )
The ultimate package builder

xtools ( man.voidlinux.org/xtools )
The best way to use your system and maintain it

xbps-* ( voidlinux.org/packages/ )
Omega based fast packaging system

Attached: void_linux_vibe_check.png (1920x1080, 2.48M)

>not reproducible
>not hermetic
>not source/binary hybrid with automatic caching
>no multi-version support
It's garbage.

Attached: 1647774822024.png (923x799, 77.33K)

nixos already did it better if you want a system like that.

nix is as much of a meme as gentoo
You are either an enthusiast or a retard

Why?

Obsoleted by docker and ostree

How so?

not him but i have posted images of this before.
an OSTREE based image is for a general end user because you dont have to learn an entire programming language to use.
As for docker/podman whatever most of the work if you do install OSTree is done via toolbox or distrobox(i prefer distrobox)
you can run containers of multiple distros at the same time, even graphical programs and everything.

>an OSTREE based image is for a general end user because you dont have to learn an entire programming language to use.
Instead you have to figure out a build system capable of putting together an OSTree system. Those tend to be radically complex.
>you can run containers of multiple distros at the same time, even graphical programs and everything.
This is just a poor means to an end. Nix can run multiple package versions at the same time, without the overhead of an entire container. Things like "even graphical programs" don't even come up because it just runs the program. There is no magic involved that would somehow make graphical programs a special case.

user if you believe nix os is the proper solution then why dont you design an easy way to use it.
make the ubuntu of nix os.
The way nix is right now i think it is rather complicated to use.

>refuses to elaborate further

now produce a distro without syst*md and i might even try it

nobody cares

I just broke popos. I see a lot of people shilling nixOSand it seems interesting but too complex for me.
I want to use my Linux machine to do drawings with a graphic tablet on krita. Would fedora kinoite be a good option? (It's the kde variant of silver blue)

Void Linux is super easy to break in my experience. xbps -Rs oO remove ton a essential dependencies

sure, it's extremely stable and if anything breaks you can rollback last deployment
it's also very easy to use, just make sure you add the Flathub repository and you're good

I have a Broadcom wifi, seems like it doesn't work out of the box? I can connect to the router but the connection is very slow, unusable. It's an old MacBook air so no Ethernet. Am i out of luck?

try a USB wifi adapter, they're pretty cheap and should work just fine

>proprietary microsoft shitty replacement for flash
>the future of linux

Attached: confusedanime.gif (220x196, 293.08K)

what the fuck am I reading here
are you ok user?

based retard

You mean i can't use the internal wifi of my laptop at all?