HIS GPU DOESN'T HAVE AV1 HARDWARE DECODING

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1652945

HIS GPU DOESN'T HAVE AV1 HARDWARE DECODING

NGMI

Attached: 1024px-AV1_logo_2018.svg.png (1024x568, 28.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/la9ja0.webm
anandtech.com/show/17266/intels-arctic-soundm-server-accelerator-to-land-mid2022-with-hardware-av1-encoding
pbs.twimg.com/media/EhMKBa9WsAgkw30?format=jpg&name=large
pbs.twimg.com/media/EhMKCc8WkAEjcuM?format=jpg&name=large
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1667246
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

AV1 video NSFW
files.catbox.moe/la9ja0.webm
Can you run it?

Why should my M1 Ultra Mac Studio waste precious die space on a codec thats worse than H.266? All of these "free" codecs will always be shit because they have to avoid violating patents for superior technology.

I want a card that handles av1 (or hevc for that matter) but with the RX 6600 being the cheapest card, I'll have to wait a while

Intel Arc Alchemist will be the cheapest GPU with AV1 hardware decoding launching on March 30 for notebooks

Attached: Intel_Alchemist.jpg (4000x2250, 1M)

GPU encoding ever coming for av1?
CPU encoding is way too slow.

Intel already announced AV1 hardware encoding on Alchemist GPU

anandtech.com/show/17266/intels-arctic-soundm-server-accelerator-to-land-mid2022-with-hardware-av1-encoding

>Interestingly, this also implies that hardware AV1 encoding is a native feature of (at least) the large Alchemist die.

Just waiting for Intel to confirm the smaller GPU also has AV1 hardware encoder

bloat, h264 for life nigger. Shit like that only exists to save few megabytes of transfer for fagman

pbs.twimg.com/media/EhMKBa9WsAgkw30?format=jpg&name=large
pbs.twimg.com/media/EhMKCc8WkAEjcuM?format=jpg&name=large

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

AV1 IS A REVOLUTION IN IMAGE QUALITY AND NOTHING WILL STOP PROGESS

Mine does. Firefox is just broken.

Attached: 1647748633605.jpg (1920x2100, 1.5M)

It's very laggy on my phone

And the latest Nightly. Still broken

Attached: 1647752900805.png (1920x1050, 872.2K)

You're not using Firefox Nightly 100, faggot

See:

Software decodes just fine on a 5 year old 6 core CPU.

Looks like a big improvement, cpu usage is lower and instead of powering usage being very high, its just high. The GPU - 3D seems to indicate that cpu-decoded frames are being copied to the gpu, instead of the hardware decoder being used though. I wonder why that is, should try to fix it

Try decoding 60Hz 1080p on a quad core laptop from 10 years ago.
H265 is much faster.

niggas will complain about shit being busted then not report it on bugzilla.mozilla.org
problems the devs dont know about wont get fixed if they dont about them, simple as
>b-b-b-b-but i dont want to do free QA for mozilla!
White boy, how do you think chromium improves? with magic? Thousands of people file chromium bugs everyday, for free.

I always report problems on bugzilla. I've yet to report this one. It doesn't make memefox any better.

Yes, it does get better. Bugs get fixed everyday. Check out this great example
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1667246
Some fucking nobody reported that a site loads slower in firefox, it spirals into multiple developers brainstorming a fix, side by side comparisons of different builds, etc. Reporting works

my ryzen 9 5950X has no trouble decoding 8k30fps videos in firefox or brave so it does not matter.
I have to use mpv to decode 8k60 but it's pointless anyway so I can deal with it.
I'm sure better cpu can decode 8k60 in firefox so it's already a solved issue, you can safely delete your thread now

STFU FAGGOT AND FUCK OFF

DON'T POST IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, NO ONE ASKED FOR YOUR FAGGOT OPINION

>His garbage CPU can't decode AV1 8K 10bit 60FPS

TOP KEK, FAGGOT THAT WASTED $799 ON AYYMD TRASH

seethe
no bully please