Will Russia disconnect itself from the internet?

I just read this article on how Russia could create a "splinternet" and I wonder what would be the consequences for all of us.

technologyreview.com/2022/03/17/1047352/russia-splinternet-risk/

Attached: 88975873_p1.png (715x1000, 607.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.torproject.org/tor-censorship-in-russia/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no they wouldnt why would they? they are preparing to be cut off by making their own tls ca and i imagine their own dns networks. we already have a splinternet, called tor. its the same idea that youre talking about.

Russia will not turn itself off. West may. But then they themselves will remain isolated without torrents and pirated content. And (((globohomo))) wants it.

They can just go full on china. The internet has always been a deranged place anyway and its good for their people.

>mfw netsplit in current year

Russia intranet merging with North Korea's would be kind of kino.

tor is not the same thing

Brazil will become the king of torrents

If every country/region split to have their own networks, it wouldn't take long before companies pop up that have points of presence in both regions and peer across, allowing access/VPN into the splinter network

how is it not

They are talking about splitting the internet at a routing level. Tor nodes still run over regular internet.

its similar though if you just think about the .onion sites. it wouldnt be as big a deal as it seems, also it wouldnt happen in the first place.

The truth is Russia won't build a great firewall, but globohomo will and then blame Russia

If true, I will learn Portuguese

nakadashi

nakadashi

There is nothing of worth on the internet from Russia, so nothing will change.

No it isn't, TOR is an overlay network.

>also it wouldnt happen in the first place.
And the West would never "cancel" an entire country, except they did.

Roskomnadzor blocked Tor in December blog.torproject.org/tor-censorship-in-russia/

Nah.
But Europe might cut off all internet cables connecting it to Russia.
So any traffic will have to get routed all around the world and become slow.

I don't think they'll do this. Russian ransomware and credit card fraud requires access to foreign stuff, and this may become a big part of their GDP if the sanctions persist.

we'll lose these beautiful fuckers giving me shit for free
you will be missed ru torrent anons

Attached: file.png (227x284, 14.76K)