I had an idea...

I had an idea. I was playing OSU and thought wow there is a lot of information encoded in beatmaps but they're relatively small in file-size. Why is this? because it's just positions on a timeline. Then I thought, why can't we apply this to music? hmm... so I thought, maybe music could work like fonts. You download the instruments needed, and then in an OSU beatmap like manner you play the instruments on a timeline. This would mean SMALL file-size.

So I am thinking. This would be difficult to have things like audio volumes across ears and whatnot. But, really, we already have something more complicated called a WEB BROWSER that uses CSS to do even more complicated things.

so, tldr, what if music was like a font? You download the instruments, a beatmap, and listen. This means small file-size.

by music font, I mean the samples people use in the song. Like drums and guitar. Maybe the voice is too complicated, but overall I think the file-size could be reduced through this technique

Attached: 1630515743425.jpg (905x720, 306.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

4channel.org/rules
onlinesequencer.net/1933284
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You literally described midi and all tracker music file formats.

Kaos should stick to drawing mangoes.

>retarded
>tranime
>plays osu (2x retard multiplier)
>doesn't understand how midi works

hmm.. souka.............. in that case I suggest a artificial intelligence to turn MP3 and FLAC into MIDI ^_^;

stick to playing osu weeb

also delete my wife chino from your computer

>>plays osu (2x retard multiplier)
Its the only non cancer game left nigger
Its called midi as another user pointed out

But my mp3 files are just a couple of megabytes large, i don't feel like i need them to be smaller

I prefer Sound Voltex and IIDX now.
I played osu! std for four years but gave up because I can't aim for shit. I played it almost everyday but still had trouble getting full combos on 5* maps, lol.

that's chika tho

Basically G-d said that it is forbidden for the son of man to create such format. (Kings 2:36)
FACT: MIDI's creators are burning in hell

>he doesn't like anime

Attached: 1647280962965.png (1268x1896, 2.62M)

oh, wait, you can't
HA HAHAHA HAHA

You did just reinvent midi

that's exactly how MIDI works

It's called midi and it fucking sucks that's why nobody uses it

2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
4channel.org/rules

Attached: 1644269307210.jpg (1076x1076, 242.69K)

Fucking genius
onlinesequencer.net/1933284

Implement it yourself, prick. Your idea sucks.

it's called /qant/ now, /qa/ merely ascended

Midis can be bigger than mp3, sometimes

it depends on the 5* map (like what mapping style is used)
some 5* can be piss ez and some can be almost impossible

That exists already and is not even an AI.