Firefox now blocks Ad-filtering add-ons (uBlock Origin, AdBlock) in China

>When users in mainland China try to access the above ad-filtering add-ons on addons.mozilla.org, the website returns 451 Unavailable For Legal Reasons instead of the normal 200 OK response, and the body of the page states "This page is not available in your region".
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=30740366
First time I'm reading about this. If true than the situation is worse that we could fanthom.

Attached: IMG_20220216_170437_841.jpg (1280x678, 60.12K)

Chink government made them do it, fuck ccp

>in mainland China
Quite literally not my problem

>In computer networking, HTTP 451 Unavailable For Legal Reasons is an error status code of the HTTP protocol to be displayed when the user requests a resource which cannot be served for legal reasons, such as a web page censored by a government.
Is this a reference to that retarded book? Got I hate programmers

go fuck yourself ground_cat

just get the add ons from the github page, problem solved

Holy shit imagine living in a shithole nation where adblockers are banned LMAO

Attached: 1647755680636.png (643x482, 86.31K)

Truly a leading example for all of us, encouraging good and healthy business and better content for users.

I hope the rest of the world will follow in adopting China's wonderful measures.

>Unironically defending government censorship
Something tells me you haven't read it you commie faggot.

>it's illegal to filter out 1s and 0s on your machine

It's important to note that Mozilla China is a very, very different company compared to the actual mozilla and Firefox Chink edition is notorious for being insane, for example it had a custom picture-in-picture component like a decade before normal firefox, and screenshots too. It censors websites randomly, does not support dns-over-https. The Chink edition maintainers sometimes forget to do security upgrades so exploits can linger for months at a time, and because of the way foreign businesses operate in china, its practically impossible for the real Mozilla to reign them in, what is mitchell baker going to do, travel to china and arrest the ceo? Lmfao, a similar thing happened to ARM in china, they went rogue. The moral of the story is, do NOT do business in china and create a foreign subsidiary, its impossible to actually control it

Attached: 1647756258374.png (670x301, 90.18K)

>mitchell baker

Attached: 0f50445096d166fcec4e5bd5b045afa9.jpg (1920x1080, 302.1K)

Yeah and? I don't live in China
And China is a shit hole, who would've thought

DMCA to make adblocking illegal in the US in 3... 2...
Yes, it was CCP, that's why it's (Fahrenheit) 451

I think Google and company would force too much the layers of reality for that to happen. Also, they have hegemony in the browser pie, are about to fuck the bloody thing with the new Manifest. I don't think they are that worried.

Linus' wife is chinese.
Everything makes sense now.

YOU VILL WATCH ZE ADS

Attached: chinksbtfo.png (1080x1901, 483.96K)

Chinks being chinks

It's always steel copy pasta, no matter the product.

Mozilla being Mozilla.

>Is this a reference to that retarded book?
yes