What's the skinny on yubikeys?

What's the skinny on yubikeys?

Attached: proxy-image.png (992x992, 278.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/tadfisher/pass-otp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're a scam, just backup your key material everywhere and put a password on it.

I used to use them for 2 whole minutes, until we discovered 2FA apps are about the same without using some proprietary nigger software.

Verification not required.

Attached: file.png (1280x1400, 134.24K)

Yubikeys are great

Attached: go on.png (240x212, 61.51K)

the irony. is this supposed to be bait?

2FA is a scam because github.com/tadfisher/pass-otp can automatically generate the correct OTP in automated scripts. No human intervention needed. So it is no better than having two passwords. One password being the OTP seed in the otpauth:// URL

I am hoping this is bait.

>What's the skinny
Imagine talking like this unironically

The yubikey can be utilized as a smartcard in conjunction with pass to make it even more secure.

Your PGP keys can be stored completely offline and the keys loaded onto the yubikey can't be stripped.

Your brains gotta be small not to recognize the utility of a smartcard. The 2FA gimmick is just a nice addition.

People use these as individuals? I have one on my work laptop for internal website access. It's a piece of shit.

>Calls 2FA a gimmick
>Brain too small to know smartcard & yubikey are 2FA

> Any Forums
> Any Forums
Why is this a common combination for anons? Not even trying to make fun of you for going on Any Forums, just something I notice.

true passwordless is based if implemented properly

Well, I hate niggers. Simple as.

You're right.

You should've seen me in a Rust thread. I got 4 of them to REEEEEEEEEEE so fucking hard at me for the same thing.

Attached: 1638417114551.jpg (1024x793, 53.16K)

The stones on this mad lad.

Attached: 1647566874103.png (604x604, 493.94K)

t. professional jannie dabber.

Attached: banned.png (1055x351, 92.13K)

Checkout solo keys. They have a V2 version coming out.

I often wonder what it means to troll on Any Forums. Is this a troll or just off-topic? If I was a jannie I would have classified this as flamewar

Dude who the fuck knows. I get banned for all kinds of dumb shit.

Complaning about Any Forums.

Racism outside of Any Forums on Any Forums.

Harassing other members.

You name it, if it's a rule, I've broken it.

The rules are a suggestion. One which I do not heed.

Attached: butthurtjannies.png (1138x307, 87.76K)

I don't know why the appeal form even exists, all bans are 3 days on purpose so you can never appeal them, and I've never heard of anyone getting unbanned for making a convincing appeal.

I've gotten bans overturned with sob stories and manipulating.

The jannies are fucking idiots. I only have a finite number of IPs in the pool for my regular IPs. Or, well I did before Cumcast, when I had Verizon. Now I have infinite IPs basically lmao. Verizon only allocated like 20 IPs to PITFIOS, and that was annoying, because sometimes I'd get other user's IPs they were banned for cheese pizza.

I was banned for 1 year once. I appealed calling the jannies retarded faggots. I was shocked when they didn't overturn the ban

What kind of faggot keeps screenshots of his posts that have triggered bans.

It appears my existence has lead to some controversies again!

Attached: GetFuckedTTTT3.png (1087x607, 142.7K)

So edgy user.

It takes weeks for them to answer appeals anyways. also do something like posting a mods real name and the ban will be months

Seethe.

Attached: transrights.gif (312x321, 3.16M)

> be me
> drunk
> friends invite me to go to a party, but I need to test
> fuck that, ask /wsr/ how to fake it
> got banned for month for evading law
> shit, nooo
> got a friend to test for me
> got his test results
> email to jannies with appeal saying "please I got tested"
> didn't unban me
> AOC was that year
Didn't participate: no point if I can't post on AOC. Very mad
Predicate law? I like to see what causes jannies to cause ban and what rule. Like here , why spamming? Shouldn't this be trolling, or off topic?

maybe stop spamming the board with worthless tired shitposts and nobody would ban you

You got permabanned for shitting on trannies on the Any Forums board, it's their soft spot because you know exactly why.

Or maybe I just don't fucking care, ever think of that?

ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK!

Nah I don't really give a shit. It's just funny watching fags like you running around feeling all self-important that you post shit on the internet.

Important enough to give me (You)s to tell me how unimportant I am.

Attached: 1638764986331.jpg (255x193, 10.23K)

Any Forums has done a complete 180 on trannies in the past ~10 years

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-01-05 at 2.07.44 PM.png (1516x590, 310.93K)

How does hating niggers make me a Any Forums poster?

I blame gaymer gate. Have you seen the 2015 jannie logs?

I'm here to be a faggot just like you user, but I have much more tact in how I choose my battles.

> newfag
There's groups shitting on Any Forums.

Attached: file.png (3777x1174, 1.6M)

Whatever makes (You) happy my dude.

I love how I derailed this thread yet again though. Nobody talking about 2FA anymore, and they even saw the obvious bait and got derailed anyway.

yeah it's a really sad state of affairs, /qa/, the fun off topic worksafe board was a constant source of board culture even if it was basedjak spam, and it was killed off when they spammed trannyjak on Any Forums for 6 hours.

At least [s4s] bans you for gay shit.

People keep saying /qa/ was killed. It never died, it just moved on.

I got banned on s4s for soijaking.

>on Any Forums for 6 hours.
on most boards on this site for weeks