/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Surplus Supply of FE cards revealed for distribution edition

>UPGRADE & BUILD ADVICE
Post build list or current specs including MONITOR: pcpartpicker.com/
Provide specific use cases (e.g. 4K editing, high FPS gaming)
State budget and region

>NEWS
R7 5800X3D ($450 4/4/2022)
Intel Arc desktop GPU (late 2Q2022)

>RECOMMENDED CPUs
HTPC(4K60)/Web Browsing: i3 10105
Budget Gaming: i3 12100
Gaming: i5 12400, R5 5600X
Multicore: i7 12700

>RECOMMENDED GPU PERFORMANCE LEVEL
Budget 1080p: Used RX 480/580 4GB, 1060 6GB
1080p: RX 6600
1440p: RTX 3060 Ti LHR
2160p: RTX 3080 10GB LHR

>RECOMMENDED RAM
2x 8GB DDR4 3200/3600 CL16

>RECOMMENDED COOLERS
linustechtips.com/topic/891730-cpu-cooler-performance-tier-list/

>RECOMMENDED PSUs
Gaming: 500-850W depending on GPU (aim for 50-75% at load)
cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

>RECOMMENDED SSDs
ADATA XPG Gammix S70 Blade, Crucial P5 Plus (PCIe Gen4)
Budget: WD SN570, Samsung 980
ssd.borecraft.com/

>MOTHERBOARD INFO:
AM4 B550/X570 - CPU-less BIOS flash feature advisable if pairing with Ryzen 5000
overclock.net/threads/vrm-on-the-new-am4-motherboards.1624051/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yPS3hj_K7EPT4RBWCyjdKNP56pnwDz-IgBc0975-FUg

>RECOMMENDED MONITORS
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/#view=RzdbjX

Previous:

Attached: 49ED0DC0-0E8F-4D24-924F-39045D12A9C2.jpg (2048x1152, 250.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i3-12100f/14.html
youtube.com/watch?v=DTXctJlAEcM
displayninja.com/new-monitors/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 1646826422105.png (600x500, 33.9K)

tfw i have to WAIT

what are you waiting for user

cpu, motherboard, gpu

For his premature thread to start receiving the attention he craves?

>Which one should i get?
>>i3 12100f $116
>>i5 10400f $120
>the i3 is a bit faster at gaming, but 6 core 12 thread on the i5 seems nice at non gaming stuff
Because of the massive uplift in performance Alder Lake had, the i3 still equals or beats the older i5 even in multi-threaded loads like media encoding and it margin widens a lot for single-threaded apps and games:
techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i3-12100f/14.html
For $4 more I'd say it's an easy choice.

Attached: encode-h265.png (500x810, 66.24K)

*4 dollars less

>For $4 less I'd say it's an easy choice
the i3 right?
Thanks user

Should I pull the trigger Any Forums before it sells out again? it just got back in stock.

Attached: werwrwer23.jpg (1194x1558, 113.38K)

it's shit

Im a sucker for strange ITX cases and it really looks nice. Its gonna have shit airflow likely but just look at it.

flimsy build quailty

had to send the flat package back to TE

Intel A780

>fell for the prebuilt meme because it's impossible to get parts here
>great deal for the specs, actually cheaper than parts in my country
>solid assembly, nice cable management
>parts were all good, no OEM or offbrand chinese shit
>except they didn't put any packaging at all inside of the case for a fucking 3080
>pcie slot bent, gpu randomly stop displaying and won't boot without jiggling it around
How could they skimp out on the fucking packaging of all things? It was actually a really good build too.

I have $5,000 saved up for my first ever pc build to run linux and am waiting for zen 4 and 7000 series and there is noting intel, nvidia or microsoft can do about it.

>I have $5,000 saved up for my first ever pc build to run linux and am waiting for zen 4 and 7000 series and there is noting intel, nvidia or microsoft can do about it.
Spending money $1K every 2 years instead of $5K all at once is a better idea, diminishing returns hit very hard at around $1300+. Save/invest the rest during that time and you'll come out ahead.

Ok, give it to me straight /pcbg/
>are GPU prices really coming down
Now mind you my computer already does everything I want it to and I have no real reason to upgrade...but I also feel like my case is semi-naked without a huge powersucking GPU sitting in it so I have to ask
Is now a good time to buy a GPU? If so which one should I buy? If I should wait, when ~should~ I buy a GPU?
I'm a GNU-tard so AMD / Radeon is a must...also I'm really not a gaymer but I guess as a benchmark I want something that could, in theory, run like a triple monitor setup I'm imagining one day I'll have one 1080 vertical for Any Forums scrolling, a 4k monitor for coooding or youtube or whatever and a 'main' 1440 screen for gayming so I'd want a GPU that can drive all three monitors AND gaym on the 1440 monitor at the least
Also do you guys think that sounds retarded to have 3 different resolution monitors for 3 different use cases? I only have one 1080 screen rn but I feel like I spend enough time at my computer to warrant a full setup

>ounds retarded
>Is now a good time to buy a GPU? If so which one should I buy? If I should wait, when ~should~ I buy a GPU?
You answered your own question when you said:
>Now mind you my computer already does everything I want it to and I have no real reason to upgrade...
To elaborate, now it IS the best time to buy a GPU in 18 months but it WILL get better. From here on out, Intel will enter the GPU market sometime between May-June and ETH will also enter POS in the next several months too which will cause a flood of now "worthless" miner cards to hit Ebay tanking prices.
See this graphics pricing update video HUB just put out:
youtube.com/watch?v=DTXctJlAEcM
So if you if you aren't dying to upgrade now sometime in late summer (probably around July/August) before current-gen cards end production and next-gen GPUs launch in the fall would be my guess as to the minimum floor in pricing.

>I'm a GNU-tard so AMD / Radeon is a must...also I'm really not a gaymer but I guess as a benchmark I want something that could, in theory, run like a triple monitor setup I'm imagining one day I'll have one 1080 vertical for Any Forums scrolling, a 4k monitor for coooding or youtube or whatever and a 'main' 1440 screen for gayming so I'd want a GPU that can drive all three monitors AND gaym on the 1440 monitor at the least
>Also do you guys think that sounds retarded to have 3 different resolution monitors for 3 different use cases? I only have one 1080 screen rn but I feel like I spend enough time at my computer to warrant a full setup
Very common reasons to go multi-monitor and if you aren't playing very demanding games even low-end cards come with multiple display outs now to power such a setup. Don't bother researching monitors yet until you decide you when you're going to upgrade your GPU as new models for 2022 are yet to be released and pricing will get better on them as well.

See this monitor release tracker:
displayninja.com/new-monitors/

Attached: DTXctJlAEcM-00-07-03.png (3840x2160, 2.03M)

Intel unironically has the best linux support out of the big three, AMD has been good but Intel has usually been the best at helping to update and provide documentation. Otherwise, Nvidia forces you to use their proprietary drivers but unfortunately, while AMD linux drivers are good, they drop the ball on one main thing, OpenCL, which is a complete mess on their side for Linux

Anybody know if LHR cards gimp themselves in gaming like say with the Intel E-cores?

I mean, we've already seen benchmarks where disabling E-cores improves performance because obviously the scheduler is shit for a new tech like that and I'm wondering if the driver on the gpu checking if it's hashing and fucking up impairs gaming? Any benchmarks?