He's right you know

He's right you know.

Attached: DeZogkh.jpg (638x479, 78.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

computerworld.com/article/2534312/the--640k--quote-won-t-go-away----but-did-gates-really-say-it-.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i need a minimum of 34 million to survive

i have $700 in my bank account

640K of ram

$640k isn't even enough to subsist a few years without working.

>brainlet

Attached: 1645666835004.jpg (225x225, 12.06K)

I prefer my color to be at a minimum of 1000K

>that hand rubbing

640k isn't even enough to store a single CSV file in its entirety so you could transform it within a reasonable amount of time.

Attached: stonks.png (850x210, 40.35K)

i cant remember what it was but the older computers with this much storage had some workaround for CSV files
obviously

>forgotten knowledge
this must be why software isnt getting any faster

Wouldn't they just load/unload the file as you scrolled up/down?

*load/unload parts of the file obviously

It was enough for a 16bit OS :)

im 25. by th etime i was born it was 250GB storage 4GB RAM. stop sniffing your own farts you massive faggot. do your own research if you want to make CSV files on your "vintage" comptuer or whatever the fuck, because idc at all

EMS - Expanded Memory, add in cards that swapped lots of little blocks of ram in and out inside the confines of the 1MB limit. 386+ chips could emulate it.
>Slamming his fist on the table during an interview Bill Gates said of expanded memory, "It's garbage! It's a kludge! … But we're going to do it".

yeah i think they had like 1GB chips on the IBM personal computers if not 2 or 4 256K ones
read the manual

they also had a math chip running at 3ghz in those days, for them excel functions
all that power!

I remember trying Linux back in those days, and the thing that surprised me the most was that after a few hours, Linux hadn't crashed. I was used to multiple crashes a day before that from the Microsoft side.

Yeah you can stream the file. It fucking sucked because disk drives back then were even slower than today, and mind you even today they are slow as shit. Instead of requiring 50 seconds to transform a one million line CSV file, it requires 50 hours.

nigger
computerworld.com/article/2534312/the--640k--quote-won-t-go-away----but-did-gates-really-say-it-.html