How do you not lose yourself in the crushing deluge of mostly meaningless information that the modern world imposes on...

How do you not lose yourself in the crushing deluge of mostly meaningless information that the modern world imposes on us Any Forums
It seeks to soak thoroughly through me at times.

vid closely related, although
youtu.be/umqHaOctslo

Attached: 1643838404736.jpg (2412x3528, 2.85M)

turn a corner of that deluge into a job and get people to pay you to sort through it
turn around and pay others to sort through other corners
we in the first world are not in a service economy, we're in an information economy

I thought AI was supposed to be doing the sorting of that though?

I just don't present myself with tons of shitty information, simple as that. I have only a few accounts on the web I'll log into like once or twice a month and I block all ads and other intrusive shit.

Bobby in that scene was burning out from having to memorize so much meaningless trivia for his school's quiz bowl team.

It's just the closest relatable thing I could think of as an example offhand.

not to a general market, it's still an internal tool for governments and corps at this point

Are you feeling overwhelmed because humanity in general generates far more information than it has the capacity or willingness to archive?

I get that feeling too, mostly with video games and anime, so much of it is shat out and most of it will be forgotten in just a few years time, most of it will not exist in any form 100 years from now.

Not only just the amount, but that nearly all of it does not help me really. It's trivia at best something I can share with others, and simply useless and timewasting at worst.

It seems to me like there is actually very, very little information I can activively be in a position to make use of. And I believe technological trends will only go further down this path and make me feel worse as time goes on. I guess it sort of goes back to one of the bigger themes of Fahrenheit 451 if that makes sense.

Globalization certainly fucked with humanity in a huge scale. People tend to discredit this more than they should.
It's not like we lived in a perfect world before the 90s, but the Internet certainly paved the way to too much information for a person to psychologically handle. Look around you. Everyone is just mad and wants blood on the streets.

Attached: Noodle.png (349x367, 200.79K)

I never thought I would see a game where you play as one of the simp moderators for a needy egirl streamer.

It's not the internet's fault. It's that we let the average pleb access it. The internet and its endless flow of information was fine when the elites or truly knowledgeable had access to it

I don't know, I just hang about with my sister and play videogames and stuff, I'm quite content with that

well if that works for you I guess it would work for me too. I will need your sister's contact info user.

What really keeps me in check is that there isn't enough time in the day or even in your whole life to see or categorize all of it in any meaningful way, there's no point in losing sleep or getting stressed out over it.

It's a bit like those weeb simulator JRPGs that deliberately make you replay them 5-10 times to see the entire game because everything runs on a schedule and you have to follow a guide if you want a specific ending the first playthrough.
Who comes up with this shit?

the alternative is people cant get access to information and figure out the truth for themselves, so not really any better

Kojima was right. Apologize.

BUILT FOR BBC

yeah no.
all life has senses, even plants sense all sorts of information (geotropism, heliotopism, chemoreception)

life is invariably well adapted towards filtering out the bullshit and focusing on things that really matters.
sleeping helps.

the trouble starts when you take mammals which are moderately individualistic and try to impose on them a manner of existence closer to an colonial insect, reducing them to mere drones.

A serious movement to destroy information wouldn't be such a bad idea. A group firebombing Google servers would be based.

>It's not like we lived in a perfect world before the 90s, but the Internet certainly paved the way to too much information for a person to psychologically handle. Look around you. Everyone is just mad and wants blood on the streets.
People always wanted blood. You can see it now on internet cause we made it available to mid-wits and idiots.