I SUCK SO MUCH AT THIS THAT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY

I SUCK SO MUCH AT THIS THAT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.
I think I may be retarded, I did several IQ tests on the past and I always got around 100~110 but I still can't process this shit.
What are some tips to get fucking better at this?

Attached: 1_sMryEXZVPKFjGNcfSzE8Mw.jpg (1280x720, 94.85K)

You don't need to know that stuff to be a web dev

yea, you do

Nah

you don't need to know what a computer is to be a web dev

halp

Attached: 1425358092228.jpg (251x234, 14.02K)

what is this course? is it princeton's algo or some thing else

No, because you are tyoically working with abstractions anyway who fucking cares about the implementation details of sort or a hash function?

You don't need to know this stupid bullshit past 2000 is what is at play here, and web took off by 2005 and put desktop out to pasture by 2010. OP is most likely a university fag or sicplet falling for the meme. Why is it in a world of going from 0 to $100K a year in less than 3 months do you see lots of stupid niggers still trying to do it this way? Cause universities trick idiots into dumping 4 years worth of credits into "doing it the wrong way to do it the right way later". This is fucking cancer. You don't need to know this shit because frameworks existed before web

>86123836
Bait, but I came to Any Forums to argue, so here we go
> I SUCK SO MUCH AT THIS THAT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.
If it's video games/anime girl panties you would have gotten it
> I think I may be retarded, I did several IQ tests on the past and I always got around 100~110 but I still can't process this shit.
Not the problem faggot.
> What are some tips to get fucking better at this?
Stack is LIFO, queue is FIFO, linked list is nodes connected to each other, etc. How about going on YouTube and watching a pajeet explain it then bitching about it on Any Forums

You should care about the details of a sort or hash function if you ever need to extend one or create your own for a project.
I'd almost buy putting algorithms later in the typical CS curriculum, but it's a very good course to force idiots to actually code something besides read file, print buffer shit.
I had a developer who had no idea why they would want to use a set instead of an array where the incoming data set was full of duplicates, because they didn't know anything besides "I want a list!".

There's a really good book that made a lot of stuff click for me. I'm about to sleep but if this thread is still up later I'll post it. It's a bit old iirc.

make a thread if it isnt user

If you need to use complicated algorithms for web dev, then your data model is bad.

I found it. The name is: Introduction to Algorithms: A Creative Approach.
Part of the preface:
>This book grew out of my frustrations with not being able to explain algorithms clearly. Like many other teachers, I discovered that not only it is hard for some students to solve (what seemed to me) simple programs by themselves, but it is also hard for them to understand the solutions that are given to them. I believe that these two parts -- creation and the explanation -- are related and should not be separated. It is essential to follow the steps leading to a solution in order to understand it fully. It is not sufficient to look at the finished product.
Essentially, he basically tries to construct the algorithm from first principles, growing the solution using induction and smaller algorithms until the problem is solved. It's quite a different approach than showing the code and saying "this does this, and that that, and so it goes, next one is...". Anyway, as always, you should use at least two books to complement each other. I think Skiena or Sedgewick might be enough, but you do you.

But it is a good analytical to have.

>analytical skill

>anal skill

>Stack is LIFO, queue is FIFO
Stack is FILO, queue is LILO

Practice makes perfect, work with them using pen and paper first before even looking at code

This shit is too easy bro how are you failing it?