Why are gamers so hostile to Linux and privacy? What's wrong with them?

Why are gamers so hostile to Linux and privacy? What's wrong with them?

Attached: AbleGamers_LukeGaming.jpg (1000x563, 127.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/g/thread/80465965/#80468038
arch.b4k.co/g/thread/80465965/#80468038
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are you even listening to gamers? Also, muh privacy is a meme.

Linux doesn't have direct x

Normalfags in general are hostile to anything that might imply that they should change their habits. Try telling a non-gamer normalfag that the best thing to do to avoid Google's privacy violations is to stop using Google services, they'll immediately start either rationalizing or get up in arms. They don't want to have to go to the slightest inconvenience, and it someone else does so, they feel threatened by it.

/thread

This is a minor issue. The problem is they actively defend and protect Microsoft for every turd it makes. Even if it's against their interests.
>M$ says W11 won't work even on new hardware
OMG I'm gonna buy ASAP bro bruh xd
>You need an account
Sure man, here's my microsoft account!
>Privacy settings
Ok, now I'm gonna install Chrome and Groomcord

For gamers "gaming" is an all-encompassing activity. It's not just playing a game for an hour of two after work, it's something they want to do all day, every day, as much they can. Linux for them might have some of the games but not all, and it's not the primary target for the newer, most popular games.

A non-gamer goes and says "well my Mac/Linux computer doesn't run but runs this older FPS game from a different franchise and that's enough for me to have some fun, I'll play that instead. For gamers that's a deal breaker, because they don't accept alternatives. They want latest call of duty at fast it can run and also streaming programs, anticheat to play online, communication programs, etc.

>they feel threatened by it.
Why though? Are they actually retard?

Yes. The past two years have been a real wake up call for how much I over estimated the average intelligence of a normie.

because it hurts them like toddlers tripping and faceplanting themselves, that it is not what they're familiar with

Post examples, grabbing some popcorns

Same reason Linux isn't widespread, except DirectX support isn't perfect (still) and multiplayer games don't like it

gamers are almost universally manchildren or literal children
they are already used to proprietary platforms, software, etc and between anticheats and copy protections, video games have some of if not the most draconian drm ever developed, so they've naturally developed apathy towards things like privacy or security
trained into this mindset, they prefer more closed ecosystems and the thought of not being able to install literally any program and expecting it to immediately work terrifies them

>The problem is they actively defend and protect Microsoft for every turd it makes.
Bullshit. MS gets shit on by everyone, which is well deserved.
>Ok, now I'm gonna install Chrome and Groomcord
Why do I see freetards do the exact same thing?

Blah blah blah another linkek cope thread who gives a shit.
/thread

because linux elitism is cringe and you don't have any privacy on linux either because of hardware backdoors

Free software activists never bothered to appeal to gamers, nor video game developers, and thus proprietary software has grown without any sort of competition or alternative.

>hardware backdoors that require spooks to target you specifically are the same as google or ms constantly siphoning everything you do

Not to mention that Linux gamers still install proprietary video games.

Why are freetards so hostile to windows/macos and productivity? What's wrong with them?

Yeah, but on sandboxes like Flatpak

I hate the foss "cult".

Shut the fuck up. I'm a sysadmin and I do my productivity on Linux. Eat shit and die.

kek
doesn't matter you're not free anymore
yeah there's always some ass backwards excuse to run your "proprietary spyware" unless its on windows

>I hate a bunch of people trying to make a better computing world for everyone

It feels like a cult trannys have them too.

What do you mean?

Not that user. Not really. Linux gamers love Valve, and think that proprietary software is fine if they develop it.

Gaming is probably the least private thing you can do with all the telemetry and spyware built into the systems these days.

this type of cult shit like they put stuff in your mouth and hate you if you don't drink their kool aid and don't support every little thing they want you to support it's like globohomo again

>telemetry and spyware
name one
>inb4 discord

Real globohomo is what gamers are you idiot. They're mindless Valve/EA/Epic/Twitch drones

>better computing world for everyone
>the gtk file picker issue tracker got locked after 16 years because nobody gives a fuck to fix a basic problem
they aren't, anything you run on linux is some neckbeard's side project at best, if you care that much just install windows LTSC and go fix an actual problem
linux is unironically going to die when google fuschia replaces android and the 2 companies behind it stop funding anything non-server related

shut up you nigger I hate cult members so much it's unreal

Go back to watch your Netflix shit

That's strange, I saw plenty of support from the Linux crowd for the Steam Deck.

No real response to either. Figures.

Stupid freetard. You are what Scali talked about in his blog.

>You are what Scali talked about in his blog.
Not OP. Elaborate.

Linux isn't meant for gaming also I'm phone posting right now

I fucking hate dualbooting windows because of bing bang wahoos

>I HATE GLOBOHOMO
>I'M GOING TO ACT LIKE THEM TOO.
>NO WHY DOESN'T ANYONE WANT TO USE LOONIX?????
fucking nigger

APPLE
NlGGER
MOD
ANTI-LINUX
ANTI-WINDOWS
FLAMEWAR
TROLL
THREAD

desuarchive.org/g/thread/80465965/#80468038
arch.b4k.co/g/thread/80465965/#80468038

Jjay