I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP

I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP I HATE .WEBP

Attached: WebP.png (1541x1213, 91.38K)

why?

Not my problem silly goose

Attached: just_werks.webm (1248x794, 1.81M)

stop using jewgle image search, consume the redpill

Attached: img-2022-03-20-01-43-45.png (300x300, 5.22K)

only purpose is to save hosts money. It replaces gifs, pngs, and jpgs at once, with no meaningful distinction as part of the extension. It's inconvenient to the user and not universally accepted.

>It replaces gifs, pngs, and jpgs at once, with no meaningful distinction as part of the extension.
The disctinction is necessary why?
>It's inconvenient to the user and not universally accepted.
Ok but that's technically not the fault of the format

>The disctinction is necessary why?
lossless, lossy, animated. Gif has already been superseded by webm, so supporting animations is nifty but redundant. I don't think I need to explain why it's important to be able to distinguish between a lossy and a lossless format for certain images.

Cool it with the anti-semetism.

>only purpose is to save hosts money
It saves on storage while providing you with the same quality. So it also saves *your* bandwith and storage (while providing the same quality).
>It's inconvenient to the user
No it isn't. Any decent OS and software can handle .webp files just fine.

grow up, baby.

webp is superior to jpeg and png. Gif is so old that now is practically shit.

>It saves on storage
Exactly. It serves to save them money.
>So it also saves *your* bandwith and storage
If images make up a significant amount of your bandwidth then that just means you likely won't run into bandwidth problems to begin with.
Same with disk space. Images are tiny, and 1TB disks are cheap. Even if you save just a moderate amount of any other type of media, images do not matter to you.
>No it isn't. Any decent OS and software can handle .webp files just fine.
You can't distinguish between lossy and lossless compression at a glance, so when you choose to convert to a "legacy format" you have to probe the file or live with a compromised quality of the image.

same it fucking SUCKS

>It serves to save them money.
And you.
>you likely won't run into bandwidth problems to begin with
Right, so you never used a mobile service plan or lived in a country with data limits.
>you have to probe the file
So? That's normal. Not a single professional is going to trust the file's extension. Extension lie. The data itself doesn't. Any decent software knows this.

>muh webp

firefox knows how to treat them pesky bois

Attached: 2022-03-20-00-28-42.webm (1114x832, 469.09K)

>And you.
At ~10GB/$ you save fuck all in terms of disk space, especially since, like I said, most people will have literally any other kind of medium on their drives as well, almost all of which take more space than images.
>Right, so you never used a mobile service plan or lived in a country with data limits.
Even at 1GB a month of mobile data you'd have to save a shitton of images (many of which are likely in the KB-lower MB) for that to be your dominant expense. And never watch videos, or listen to music.

> Not a single professional is going to trust the file's extension.
It is pretty trivial to figure out an image's mime type even if the image has the wrong extension, to the point you can do so automatically. Last I checked there was no way to inspect the compression used in the creation of a webp image, as far as I can tell it's not part of the image's metadata.

Pointless.

The daily webpiss hate thread? Cool.

lighterweight than jpeg, i thought Any Forums hated bloat in all forms

>lighterweight than jpeg
That theoretically applies if photos are taken straight to WEBP.

But what it is really used for -compressing all images to absolute crap for some shitty botnet CDN- is usually not as pleasant.

People will generally like JPEG XL when it is being used to gain 40-50% on PNG while being lossless, but will probably still hate 14kB JXL thumbnail tier images.

Doesn't Firefox now automatically download images in webp format?

>gif is superseded by webm
A video file does not replace an image file. Animated webp is useful.

I too do this and as added bonus it makes Any Forumstards seethe because it turns it to a png