Why the FUCK would anyone want anything less than a full keyboard?

Why the FUCK would anyone want anything less than a full keyboard?
I don't get it. Some people even choose keyboards without function keys.

Attached: Smiling_Girl.jpg (1200x1200, 255.21K)

different preferences

They are extremely susceptible to suggestion.
The corporate god declares X is the new thing, new thing good, must consume new product.

Well maybe they're just retarded.
>can't do f5
>can't use numberpad to quickly enter pin
They can't even fly a plane in GTA 5

i have a full size keyboard and i cant remember the last time i used F5

all they use computers for is buying more keyboards

why are you guys so obsessed with what other people like on their keyboards? theres constant threads shouting shit like "MUH SOMEONE ELSE DOESNT WANT A NUMPAD WAAAAAAAAA NIGGERMAN SAVE ME!!", not everybody has the same preferences as you

Attached: 1620408814622.jpg (680x451, 21.31K)

You're talking about something like pic related right?

I don't understand it either. I used to get exited about stuff like this when I was like 16. I don't really understand the mechanical keyboard craze in general.

Attached: memechanical.jpg (3264x2448, 1.29M)

you DON'T need the numpad

Attached: 1647707564455.jpg (543x632, 76.16K)

There is no fucking preference to willingly handicapping yourself. It's a fucking mental illness.
>b-but i can move my hand a bit less
I have both types of keyboards. There is no difference. As long as it puts characters on my screen, it's good. What isn't good is making my life harder than it needs to be.

Mechanical keyboards with more travel are more comfortable for people who aren’t limp wristed faggots or have tiny little bitch hands to type on. Alternate sizes and layouts are cancer.

the extra space for my mouse is surprisingly great. i figured the difference wouldn't be that noticeable before i got my keyboard. i was wrong.
also, QMK firmware is cool as fuck. i have it configured so that holding capslock makes hjkl act as arrow keys.

>There is no fucking preference to willingly handicapping yourself. It's a fucking mental illness.
why are boomers so dumb? numpads take up space and if you never use it theres no reason to have it there, its better ergonomically and much more comfortable to remove the numpad or even the navigation keys or arrow keys

>numberpad
based 80 year old technology enjoyer

NEETs only need 3 keys, CTRL, C and V to pretend to code and for their primary use of ricing Linux DE.

zoomers with tiny desks

Stop being such a fag. I went to a friend's house and he has an "ergonomic setup."
>60% keyboard
>Wireless mouse
>Giant mousepad the entire setup rests on
I did not notice a difference. What I did notice is the shitty fucking keyboard setup that threw my muscle memory into the fucking trash.
I am also a manlet with woman sized hands. I don't fucking understand.
The whole wireless thing is a scam too. I bought some wireless headphones and now I have to plug and unplug them daily.

>Why the FUCK would anyone want anything less than a full keyboard?
>I don't get it. Some people even choose keyboards without function keys.
Same reason people buy small cars

so far i can do anything i have ever done on my fullsize on just a 40%.
id go as far as to say that if you dont mind a learning curve a well set up split 40% is leaps better than a normal fullsize, having homerow mods and some well setup layer have made any combination easier than on a fullsize board.
if you want you absolutely could have a similar layout on a fullsize board and have close to the performance and normies can still type on your board.

having a good thumb cluster together with nice layering is what i like even in larger sizes, the fact of the matter is that you can scale down in size tremendously without losing any significant performance once you use a well layed out and set up board.
You dont NEED to go smaller and learn layers to be efficient or performant at all but the idea that in any way you lose any functionality at all by doing so is far from the truth

Attached: 20211027_184026.jpg (4032x3024, 3.14M)

I never use a numpad, and regular keyboards are too wide to be ergonomically comfortable with a mouse. TKL is the ultimate layout unless you're some excel monkey who needs a numpad.

what the fuck is even your argument? "established ergonomics isnt ergonomic because my friends setup wasnt ergonomic"
you are beyond retarded

The car argument is a reasonable tradeoff.
You get to able to fit in a parking garage for safety because if a truck crashes into you, you're dead.
Cars have no other purpose than getting from point A to point B.

small cars actually involve a tradeoff where you might reasonbly want some of the things they offer like mileage and not care about the things you sacrifice.
you gain literally nothing by having a less than 106 keys.

why dont you try to make 1 single point succesfully instead of hinting at 6 half assed tradeoffs.

Desk space, or lack thereof. Sometimes you end up with a desk which isn't quite wide enough for a comfy full-size keyboard.

>you gain literally nothing by having a less than 106 keys.
desk space, ease to travel with.
a lot easier to take my corne/id75 with me compared to my fullsize board.
my corne sits permanently in my backpack since they dont take up any space.
if you're adept at using layers most space except for your alphas and a good thumb cluster preferably is significantly less important.
this is in no way me advising anyone to buy a smaller size if they dont feel like getting it because there will be nothing to gain here for you.
there are indeed no big reasons to switch to a small form factor if you are not interested, its a niche product for sure and a lot of people own these boards just to take pics of.
i first strayed of fullsize keyboards for desktop space and mainly the fact that theres a lot of space in use to the right of your alphas which caused me to have bad posture

Post desk

Attached: WIN_20220319_13_07_49_Pro.jpg (1920x1080, 403.74K)