All the advantages of being self emissive like OLED

>All the advantages of being self emissive like OLED
>No input lag
>perfect motion clarity
>amazing colors
How do we pressure manufacturers to make new ones again?

Attached: 1636806282066.png (380x533, 112.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b3tbcUszA2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

By not buying shit ones

>How do we pressure manufacturers to make new ones again?
You don't
>your product is bulky and power hungry
>target audience lives in tiny pods and tried to cut any expenses like bills
gl

>costs twice as much
>weighs three times as much
>takes up four times as much space
No thanks

Yes I totally miss and love the flicker and high pitch squealing

>weight and space
People have found the space for these things for more then
half a century and your telling me you cant? Not likely

>People have found the space for these things
it's not like they had any choice lel

t. never used a decent crt, crt TVs were shit and they have ruined the reputation of the technology

>People have found the space for these things
people used 17" CRTs

then do that?
17inch is perfectly usable as a Monitor

>as fat as wide
>annoying sound
>high power usage
I used to use a crt, the monitor i have now is countless times better.

100watts isnt high power draw, especially with new PCs sucking in 500 watts or more

>No input lag
Common belief, but not entirely correct. Or rather, it's true that CRTs have generally lower input lag for video games as-is, but there is more to the story.

The primary source of additional input lag compared to CRTs in most modern TVs is that the ADC they have built-in is terrible. However, if you use a separate, high quality ADC, you can get input lag that is just as good as on a CRT. Take a look at this video: youtube.com/watch?v=b3tbcUszA2s

Thanks to a proper ADC, the test at the end of the video shows that a Wii running on a modern LCD TV has BETTER input lag than an original N64 on a CRT! This shows that input lag is actually not a flaw of the display technology itself, it's just caused by cheap ADC implementations. On a CRT, this is not required since the signal is analog all the way through.

size, weight, power consumption, outrageously expensive to produce and ship, geometry and focus need to be adressed unit by unit if you want decent quality... crts won't ever be mass produced again.

Fantastic technology still to this day for some very specific use case scenarios (I own 3 22" diamondtrons) but I also have a regular ips monitor for normie work and a 65" oled tv for general use.

Attached: 1647604808890.png (220x221, 69.7K)

I wish I could find some 2070s aswell, they are very nice

Attached: NEC.jpg (1150x647, 55.99K)

I want a 27" flat CRT
I would pay a lot of money for one

24inch is the largest they made Monitors in.
You can get a 27' flat crt TV for free most likely but it will be a TV

Attached: 1640456626541.jpg (3840x2160, 2.59M)

My CRT makes no sound. Whatever you had was shit by CRT standards too.
That said, your old shitty CRT would still run circles around whatever you have now when it comes to motion clarity.
Unfortunately true. Still, I think the sentiment of most CRT holdouts these days isn't that we want CRTs back, but we want new displays to incorporate all of the advantages of CRT without the disadvantages.
It's been 2 decades since CRT was killed off, yet you still can't get a modern self-emissive display with

It's getting better, oled is a step close to a somewhat comparable image (with all modern benefits) and mini/micro leds are also coming.

There are some obscure monitors like the Intergraph Interview 28HD96 that were bigger, or the famous BVM 32" that could also qualify as a monitor, but generally speaking 22" (20" viewable) is how big most affordable high end crt computer monitors get.

Attached: 7n6p74qafbl51.jpg (1024x768, 229.37K)

because it's retarded. tns are good enough.
why would you do that when you could not do that?

not only is 17inch fine for viewability, 720p also looks like 1080p on such a small screen and 1080p like 1440p, its pretty sweet