The Only Reason Anybody uses XFCE is

>poverty

There is no reason to use Xfeces in 2022 unless you literally use a PC from 2002 you got out of the dumpster.

Attached: 1200px-Xfce_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 331.09K)

What if it's an old i3-3120m laptop with 8 (2x4)GB of RAM? Uses are limited, but I'm on Manjaro KDE and have wondered about XFCE. I understand you are biased against XFCE, but why?

he is not biased, he simply has no soul

Yeah, MATE is literally the same thing except it just werks. Never got the XFCE hype considering that you have to go through some bullshit process of enabling a gay compositor named after one of the most dangerous cities in America.

>NEW PC GOOD OLD PC BAD!!!
kill yourself consumerist amarishart

get a poor, poorfuck

I use it because I choose to.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-03-19_08-28-34.png (2560x1440, 1.16M)

i use xfce and i'm poor. it's also the simplest de there is. works great.

>NOOOO YOU HAVE TO USE LE FOOT OR LE TWINK DRAGON DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT USING THAT CUTE MOUSERINO

>i use xfce and i'm poor.
duh of course you are

No, I don't like bloated garbage like kde and gnome taking my resources thank you

May that be true, but why don't they use a em instead? That should cure all problems and leave happy all Any Forums - Any Forums users.

yeah that is what i said moron. are you retarded? got a little cognitive developement issue?

i tried other de. kde is dogshit that only impresses zoomies. gnome is atrocious mucus that only impresses apple fan boys.

i only use my pc for browsing the world wide web and some games. xfce just works my man. it just works.

XFCE is the only complete DE that works well out of the box with every system and driver in the current year. the builtin compositor works flawlessly, the settings has everything you need and it idles at 300~350MB of ram. No other DE out there can do the same, they're either missing features (on purpose) or too bloated. Kneel.

Attached: Kneel.gif (200x180, 110.76K)

>the builtin compositor works flawlessly,
WRONG

It does, even on proprietary Nvidia drivers. Either get an up to date distro or enable DRM (Nvidia). It literally works perfectly fine.

>poverty
Wtf do you even mean, it works well on older hardware?
I've never had an issue with xfce and I've been using it since unity came to Ubuntu. On old and newer hardware alike.

we all know the compositor sucks

xfce is a decent choice if you want a DE but also want to use your own window manager--it works remarkably well if you just replace xfwm with something else.
alternatively, you can just run xfce4-panel by itself with the WM of your choice

>it idles at 300~350MB of ram.
says the guy with 16GB of ram he never uses

I'd rather my DE use more ram and have more features than your featureless xfeces

XFCE (goodies) has more features than Gnome out of the box, a more bloated DE that can barely be used without extensions. KDE might have more but it's also buggier.

i have a strong laptop but will battery life and general performance be better if i switch from KDE to XFCE? Will it be faster? I kinda want the fastest GUI possible that is still useable. Anyone have a personal screenshot on how it looks?