/wdg/ - Web Development General

>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP
eloquentjavascript.net/Eloquent_JavaScript.pdf - A modern introduction to JavaScript
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - A good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
javascript.info/ - Quite a good JS tutorial
freecodecamp.org - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
theodinproject.com - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, and either Ruby on Rails / SQL, or Node.js / MongoDB
fullstackopen.com/en/ - Requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
flexboxfroggy.com/ and cssgridgarden.com/ - Learn flex/grid in CSS
phptherightway.com/ - A decent PHP resource
phptutorial.net - A PHP tutorial

>List of design resources
github.com/bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers

>All useful documentation in one place
devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using the following format in your posts (the scraper will pick it up):
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: node, react, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Previous:

Attached: 1_Fp43zS64ZPoWi4IAz1n3MA.jpg (1400x933, 280.28K)

finna detox deez nuts

got his ass

So what do we think of replit?

>gotta start meditating
>stop fapping
>clean your room every day
>coding is still boring just like every other job for every other human beeing

I miss the actual good OP images

Attached: wdg.jpg (2160x1495, 3.18M)

at least my room is clean now when my mom catches me jerking of to loli hentai

We lost /wdg/'s UX designer :(

[insert meta studies showing that meditation does nothing]

i have anecdotal evidence, my favourite youtube told me it works

what's some of the worst advice or feedback you've received? I love "look at apple's website and do what they're doing."

on the one hand I regret not doing CS instead of my meme degree but on the other im pretty sure i would have failed hard given my state of mind at the time. also i had a barely passing grade in math during all of high school and knew literally nothing at the end.

Placebo is the most powerful medicine, halts most studies dead in their tracks to be quite frank

if anyone here uses a nosql database, what do you use it for in your api?
Like for example, one guy said
>The project I'm working on right now is using Redis to store user sessions, access tokens, etc. It's absurdly fast, in-memory, and doesn't have the overhead of a RDBMS.

don't follow curriculums just BOOOILD

That one is so common, but it's usually between apple and stripe.

You don't need a CS degree, you just need a degree for majority of entry roles. Although some degrees are far more valuable for tech giants, particularly ones revolving around psychology

i realised in my twentys that im a math god when i actually tried to learn. in hs i had very bad grades too. besides that you dont even need math in most tech fields

i have a meme business degree and an MBA, for whatever thats worth
i got dabbed on by stats in uni so im pretty sure im just stupid

SolidJS is pretty based but nobody uses it so I'm going back to React and overload my websites with pedobytes of bloat so I can run a virtual DOM that can dynamically respond to the amount you press a single button.

Yeah it's fine, they literally don't care (granted it's an accredited uni)

maybe you just never closed math gaps you had. dont treat yourself that way. we are a motivational general now and i believe in you

I'm in the same boat except I have a mech eng degree kek

I have a free masters degree and a nice paying webdev job. Get fucked, everybody. I fucking hate most of you faggots. This goes to Any Forums in general. Tbqh /wdg/ has less pretentious and more industrious people than the average pedophile NEET on this site. Actually some of you guys are alright.

Almost forgot.
Don't go to school tomorrow

meds NOW

yeah wdg is great for a Any Forums thread, i've gotten help here many times. when im not shit i'll pay it forward

pay it forward by paying for your MDN subscription you scrub