Does mac really make you more productive?

does mac really make you more productive?

Attached: macOS Monterey.png (376x380, 102.38K)

it makes you a productive male prostitute

no. what makes you more or less productive is how you use the tools available to you.

theres a reason all the top engineers use it

No, but it makes me slightly happier.

No, being more productive makes you want to buy Macs.

No, but objectively, a different device in a different location does make you shift gears.
It's why most people successfully WFH have multiple devices and work from different places in their home (or have a dedicated office space they don't use otherwise except for work).

I only use it because work makes me

Does a power drill make you more productive? does owning a clipboard make you more productive? same answer.
Computers are tools, professionals love them because they're the most "just werks" of the operating systems and because their workplace gets them their laptop, so they don't have to pay the Apple tax.
People who need their computers for productivity like Macs because they have to spend the least amount of time solving moronic problems and everything is nicely optimized with everything else.
It's a tool, whichever tool offers the least hassle is often the best tool for the job.

not really, but i hate modern windows enough to use something else

Yeah. Can't play games and shit. No distractions, only work.

No, you are the one that makes yourself productive. Also how the fuck can one be productive when there is no window snapping?

it's full of distraction. minimalistic linux setup with dwm made me more productive than ever

>it's full of distraction
you talking about windows?

It makes you a faggot !

nah, just the word "distraction" is not enough to describe windows

literal no games means it will make 95% of human population more productive yes

Personally I prefer Windows for work, everything just works when it comes to engineering software and using the shell. Excel and PowerBI runs much better on Windows etc so a massive benefit for large datasets. Folder browser is much more intuitive and faster to use.

I have an iMac at home though and what I do like about it is everything looks better to me and most importantly, it did stop me from playing games completely. Sometimes I regret it and wish I could play common games but I can’t, this is definitely a benefit if you can fill that time with something productive instead of just wasting time doing nothing which is what I seem to do instead of gaming now.

I find that I use full screen a lot in macOS and swipe between desktops. It's awesome.

it turns you gay and into a tranny so you will lose all interest in females

I've wasted a shit ton of time on Windows, Mac and Linux. You can be productive with anything and you can waste a ton of time with anything

You can window snap in Mac OS

went from an x230 with various linux distros to an M1 as my main programming machine. I can definitely say my productivity went up because I have been spending less time dealing with random bullshit problems. It literally just werks. Only major issues have been trying to get legacy compilers to work on arm mac stuff

Since when?