Why do people seem to genuinely despise electric vehicles...

Why do people seem to genuinely despise electric vehicles? They can and do outperform their petrol-powered counterparts without requiring any sort of crazy tuning. Furthermore, it it weren't for the batteries which degrade, they would also require less maintenance being that their motors have less moving parts. I know that Tesla is a meme company and blah blah blah, but soon enough even the real car companies will start making consumer electric vehicles, and battery technology will also improve over time, providing more capacity and a longer life span. I understand that it's not a practical vehicle to buy now with the lack of charging stations and the slow charging speeds, however I can defenetely see a future where charging, life span and fire hazards would no longer be a problem, however people just dont want to accept this future. Why is this? Have people just become too attached to the feel of regular engines?

tl:dr electric vehicles are in large better than internal combustion ones and I dont understand why people dont want to believe that.

Attached: slsamgelectric.jpg (1280x852, 166.06K)

did you try to post this in 2016 and it just went through now?

Retarded normies are highly resistant to change: the bumbling fuckwits denying the futire of the EV are the same bumbling fuckwits who thought computers and the internet were only going to be a temporary fad

>Why do people seem to genuinely despise electric vehicles?
probably the same reason boomers hate anything that's new and/or perceived to be gay
> They can and do outperform their petrol-powered counterparts without requiring any sort of crazy tuning.
wrong
>it it weren't for the batteries which degrade, they would also require less maintenance
>if they didn't need more maintenance they would need less maintenance
lul
>I can defenetely see a future where charging, life span and fire hazards would no longer be a problem
sure, but you're saying they're better now dummy. Also instead of bringing up EV's actual big advantages you brought up retarded shit. You're one of the reasons ev's have a bad name

-no charging infrastructure
-If there is infrastructure there's no guarantee you will get a turn, it takes hours to charge
-It takes hours to charge
-won't ever be infrastructure way out in the middle of nowhere, range is shit compared to gas
-owners are all retarded NPC hipster cucks who think they're better than everyone else and sniff their own farts
-all of them are proprietary as shit, you can't change a tire because it has 100 computer chips in it
-dealerships don't adjust to the supposed future demand we're all promised and you see OP touting so we see EV owners literally waiting 6+ months for basic repair. Literally.
-Not boostable
-You can't get an EV without dealing with the "infotainment system being tied into everything" jew, it dies, dealer doesn't have any left, they dodge laws about only having to have a few months worth for warranties. Now nobody can help you
-They set themselves on fire all the time
-The battery is literally 50% of the cost of the car, when it dies, it's worthless
-You can't DIY, you can't hire local mechanics, everything has to be done through the dealer and one day they are just gonna decide to stop supporting it
-They cost more to produce environmentally, they just fool NPCs because they don't see it because it happens somewhere else, then they think they're "saving the environment"
-Almost all of them try way way way too hard to look trendy and futuristic and this creates shitty designs incompatible with the world and ignoring what we've learned about in the last 100 years of car design. Best example is the tesla cuck truck which was unibody, literally the entire point of having a cab and bed separate from each other is that they twist when you go over rocks/unlevel terrain, otherwise you kinda get an easily flippable wagon even with massive shocks to make up for it

>Why do people seem to genuinely despise electric vehicles?
Because like all things liberal, we don't like having them crammed down our throats to support their agenda whether we agree with it or not; and we don't like being told we're bad people if we don't comply.

>battery technology will also improve over time
ha
haha
hahHaHahahHAHHAHAHA
HAHAHHAHHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1647617839257.png (920x803, 55.27K)

>battery technology will also improve over time
this, OP you are hopeless.

90% of the problem with current EVs is they are way overengineered right now.
They don't need to be any more advanced than a damned RC car but automakers are currently in the phase of introducing EVs as luxury vehicles.
Lots of simplifying has to come to get EVs down in price to serve all markets.

me like car go vroom vroom
lightning car not go vroom vroom
me no like lightning car

this

EVs would be perfect as cheap city cars but they're being marketed to retarded californian shits

>city cars
summer coats

I'll get a stem powered vehicle and we can race.

Attached: 1647602806122.png (1080x2284, 2.49M)

City cars doesn't have to mean strictly in the city
Even being in a more rural area I'd be hard pressed to travel more than 150 miles in a day.

the high price is because of the battery and engines dummy, not touchscreens and seat heaters.
Since EVs are fundamentally more expensive, appealing to the premium market is the only choice right now. There have been several attempts at "simple & cheap" electric city cars for the past 40 years

solid deconstruction holds more energy than liquid ph change.

>only ever make premium models
>only low quantity production
>never develop expertise for mass production
>prices stay high forever

>only ever make premium models
read my post again you illiterate retard

>and battery technology will also improve over time
user I...

Attached: 1644877485055.gif (700x704, 295.43K)

>the high price is because of the battery and engines dummy
And you see the motors and batteries they are putting in right?
A base model 3 has a 283 HP motor, over 2x what is necessary, even a chevy bolt has 200hp which is overkill for a hatch.
Overkill motors require batteries and cooling systems to match it.
Of course, they do all this because EVs are still special, and people expect that quick acceleration that Tesla made famous.

>There have been several attempts at "simple & cheap" electric city cars for the past 40 years
Those companies where making vehicles when EVs weren't even a gleam in the eye of the market

I don't have a problem with EVs per se. It's the pious people trying to act smug like they're saving the planet, meanwhile all the rare earth elements required for these vehicles are mined by actual slaves.

I can work on an engine: simple as

Attached: he need some meowk.webm (320x434, 2.99M)

EV power is mainly limited by battery discharge rate, not the motor itself dummy. Lower power engines are not cheaper. You are clueless about the technology of EVs
>Those companies where making vehicles when EVs weren't even a gleam in the eye of the market
And they're still developing and making them today, retard. You are also clueless about the EV market

4-6x faster than a petrol auto
lighter. less complex

>Lower power engines are not cheaper
holy cope