Be me

>be me
>have 3 monitors
>2x 1920x1080 60hz, 1x 1920x1080 144hz
If I install arch on my computer will I be able to have my 144hz run at 144hz and my 60hz both run at 60hz or do all of them have to run at the same refresh rate? I know this is a shitty question but I want to know before I spend the time to install.

Attached: images.png (284x177, 2.67K)

no

more dependent on graphical programs than arch itself.

see xrandr

Yes, I'm not sure if X11 or Wayland would behave better for this.

Don't use XFCE for this, use either KDE/Cinnamon/Gnome.

Make sure you install the proper video driver for your graphics card.

Yes, I run 1x 1920x1080 60hz and 1x 1920x1080 144hz
You can your graphics card's settings to set refresh rate or xrandr if you're using xserver

does xrandr allow me to change the resolution and refresh rate for each monitor individually or does it do that for each one?
I have a nvidia card and I was planning on using arch with kde but do you think it would be easier if I use manjaro instead?

*you can use your
and forgot fire

Attached: small-fire.gif (40x56, 1.22K)

Use EndeavourOS if you've never used Arch, or Linux before.

Install the proprietary nvidia driver - I think Endeavour may install it automatically.

xrandr allows you to specify your port, so it allows what you want, I presume. I haven't been on any UNIX for a while though.

Attached: file-9c86ad4bb118af4b7d.jpg (595x323, 65.22K)

yes

I've used manjaro on a usb and tails before but endeavour looks kinda nice actually. I was moslty looking for a distro that would be good for browsing online, school (as long as it supports zoom and libreoffice im good), and then gaming. Would endeavour be good for that?

Try Endeavour first. If you have issues with it or if it's too difficult for you, just install Linux Mint (seriously).

Make use of the AUR when searching for packages if you can't find it in the main repos. Flatpaks are also good and can be useful - if you have issues with an app you installed from the AUR or Arch repos, you can try installing the same application from Flatpak which will sandbox it and can sometimes be an easy fix.

ALWAYS search on the Arch wiki and read when you're unsure.

For gaming make sure you install proton-ge-custom.

Clicked a frog at random.

Attached: 1646860245594.png (688x578, 31.67K)

ok thank you fren

This is where Linux completely drops the ball.
Doing shit like running monitors at different refresh rates or having different dpi scaling on different monitors ranges from difficult to impossible.
It's unironically the one reason I don't use Linux on my desktop (only my laptop)

>>have 3 monitors
you have other problems, Arch is not one of them

I somewhat disagree with the depressed frog above.

Try Arch first. Should be dead simple to type commands you read off of a wiki or video.

I do agree that a good backup distro is Linux Mint. Don't touch Ubuntu unless it's

This.
The GNU/Linux/Wayland/PipeWire setup is by far the best desktop stack ever devised, as long as you're not doing anything at all "unusual".
The moment you have a unique situation, all bets are off.

My last time using Linux was GNU/Linux/X/perpetual usage of ALSA, because Nahimic speakers didn't work OOTB. ALSA solved that.

The best stack is the one that works for said machinery.

sorry ALSA and the tool ALSAMixer*

Isn't Wayland supposed to fix that?

>difficult to impossible.
You can just disable your compositor, it's not ideal but it's better than using windows

Nothing to fix. Those can be done with simple xrandr commands, of which can also be invoked by a frontend.