More Telemetry is good actually, chud

ghacks.net/2022/03/17/each-firefox-download-has-a-unique-identifier/

>Internet users who download the Firefox web browser from the official Mozilla website get a unique identifier attached to the installer that is submitted to Mozilla on install and first run.

>The identifier, called dltoken by Mozilla internally, is used to link downloads to installations and first runs of the Firefox browser. The identifier is unique to each Firefox installer, which means that it is submitted to Mozilla whenever it is used.

>According to Mozilla's description, the identifier is used to analyze downloading and installation trends among other things

>among other things

KEK

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 345.88K)

Attached: dilation.jpg (2286x3161, 1.32M)

Wanted to try it yesterday.

>We care about your privacy and security
Oh, so nice of you, lets check your Privacy Notice
>Well we basically collect everything you do and may share it with our clients :^)
Fucking knew this gay shit is pozzed beyond redemption.

But i still wanna try it, is there a clean way of getting it and disabling malware?

Librewolf

Attached: file.png (750x750, 159.81K)

>clean way of getting it
Through your package manager.

>package manager
What does your mom have to do with this?

How easy is it to migrate to librewolf from ff? Can I just cut and paste my profile folder or do I need to export everything and import manually?

Installing librewolf with scoop, thnx

just apply user.js, that's basically what librewolf is

Don't they also strip all telemetry? Even if it's "off" in about:config do you believe it's off? I would feel less schizo if it was stripped out

nta: unironically all the "telemetry" shit is relatively non invasive and you can turn it all off in settings, and yes turning it off just works it's literally open source. If you want to use librewolf you can't exactly copy over your profile since librewolf is basically an arkenfox user.js redistribution.

>scoop
>"Scoop installs programs to your home directory by default. So you don’t need admin permissions to install programs, and you won’t see UAC popups every time you need to add or remove a program."
The absolute state of windows fags.

Attached: 1644251093538.jpg (500x501, 57.48K)

>brave does this since day one while sending even more data
>brave does this even with telemetry disabled sending data to both google and brave (sniff the connections)
>muuuh firefox bad use brave 2 rupees per month

>don't provide any source at all

>Installing librewolf with scoop, thnx
you're brain damaged and 100% computer illiterate for using scoop. sell your machine and find a new hobby.

They have an appimage which you can try without installing anything. But for me it ran slow, maybe I will try when I get around installing proper.

>lifetime
holy shit I knew it was bad but never knew it was THAT bad

DILATE IS ETERNAL

so where is this uuid stored on my pc? im going to do something reckless

Attached: 1647484043731.jpg (637x476, 78.28K)

>Fresh install
Why are you 5, user? Why don't you have your session up for >5years? And copy over your whole install and %appdata% folders over to other machines?

Futhermore, what if one person uses the exact same installer on 50 machines? It doesn't seem very practical.

>50 minutes per session, 3 times per day, until you an hero

Attached: THE RIDE NEVER ENDS.jpg (863x752, 248.95K)

Seems very practical to know who's using the same installer on 50 machines from their point of view.