Dumping some small home clusters

dumping some small home clusters

Attached: nujkbl73ka371.jpg (640x428, 29.4K)

Attached: 4i19uwseo0941.png (640x480, 487.08K)

Attached: qohk6rwcc2y51.jpg (640x853, 123.5K)

Attached: 3sehprwc73l51.jpg (4000x1824, 579.35K)

I doubt it. I learned how to build a computer at 12. If you said something like 11, it would've been more believable, but there's a massive difference in intelligence between a 9-year-old and a 12-year-old. There's no way you would've been able to figure out the process, let alone developed any interest, to build a computer from scratch at that age unless you saw your father do it and thought it was really cool, but then you'd be dumbstruck as soon as he'd try explaining to you how everything works and how everything is assembled and lose interest due to your 9-year-old attention span.

Attached: Ek4rqw-UYAAB9yy.jpg (960x720, 151K)

Attached: vl2wv1gtd0p61.jpg (1920x1440, 1.17M)

Attached: kw5xfqd1hfz71.jpg (4080x3072, 875.22K)

Most of these would be cheaper and more powerful as used desktops

Attached: vfh9aovpnan71.jpg (768x1024, 127.73K)

I really like the concept, but modern CPUs like the AMD threadripper have made beowulf clusters obsolete.

Attached: osa67ujvomb71.png (960x720, 929.4K)

Attached: 4ALNdB5qX1XihaptEB4KqZ-xwy-2T6VRFpSTF9fOzrg.jpg (640x480, 58.92K)

Good job user

this one is cool
the rest look to be total shit

>modern CPUs like the AMD threadripper have made beowulf clusters obsolete.
oh, someone should tell IBM or all the other 500+ companies wasting billions of dollars in supercomputers, also amateur and big animation studios!

Not sure why but I've never seen someone built a cluster with mixed hardware in the home lab e.g. intel nucs and dell wyses, or rpis and odroids.

OP is posting pictures of at most 10 small/old computers joined into a cluster. A single threadripper has greater performance than that while using less energy

I've seen a few, it isn't any different

oh, someone should tell IBM or all the other 500+ companies wasting billions of dollars in supercomputers, also amateur and big animation studios!

>whoosh
i think anons talking about clusters of 10 wyse shit clients, not clusters of 100,000 xeon phis

I have a few older mini optiplexes. I would like to build a cluster but don't really know where to start. I also don't know what i would use it for... I just want to it.

user said specifically and I quote
also
>whoosh
the absolute state of redd- I mean Any Forums

it seems like a single dual xeon machine spinning up VMs on demand would be more power efficient than this contraption at this point

did I ask though

If you were not autistic you would have understood from context that I was talking about low cost, homemade beowulf clusters like the ones under discussion in this thread, not any possible beowulf cluster

ok i mean if you want to shadow box against the most literal interpretation possible of some rando’s words online, be my guest

mmhmm— indeed you did, yeah

tl;dr
meds

refer to past posts, this was already explained
>wooosh

>hearing voices
meds

rent free election tourist