Redpill me on leetcode

Redpill me on leetcode.

What if I memorize all the leetcode solutions?

Attached: z0-F-oojiM4uDN6kCcQ3_NClbqdYa_QHnNWOdQz4-Fs.jpg (640x388, 40.68K)

They'd ask you leetcode questions only at FAANG. Assuming you are attractive enough for them to select you as a candidate in the first place. Other companies usually settle for easier questions like some variants of Fibonacci and so on.
Interesting side projects are overall much much better, but they are also more challenging and more time demanding. You can't finish a side project in one day, nor in one week if it's a serious one.

I wouldn't personally be able to solve all the leetcode problems out of sheer boredom. It's kind of like basic training, it breaks your soul so that your employer can mould you in to a good little wagie cog in the machine. If that's what you want then go for it.

>Other companies usually settle for easier questions like some variants of Fibonacci and so on.
This sounds like bs desu. Fucking fibonacci, really? For what position? Toilet cleaner?

You have to be seriously brain dead to not make actually useful code. If you spend time making theoretical bullshit code, you might as well off yourself. Imagine a carpenter doing "nail striking practice" instead of just building shit and automatically getting better at striking nails and actually gaining valuable applicable skills and experience.

They judge you from your curriculum, then they ask you simple questions because they know you are under pressure but they still want to be sure you didn't write a bunch of bullshit. At the interview they give you a small challenge like Fibonacci, then they ask you few theoretical questions based on what are you supposed to do at their company.
At FAANG they ask you leetcode medium difficulty question because they wanna hear you talking about basic data structure and their complexity and they wanna see if you can apply recursive patterns like traversing a tree (not by memory, thus they might add some variant like "only the odd-levels" and so on).

tldr getting a job is not about solving a puzzle, thus they don't give you difficult puzzles.

Interedasding, thanks for sharing.

I think leetcode is fun and I don't have ideas for side proyects

Some companies straight up make up their own leetcode questions. Just interviewed for a FAANG internship, they asked me some weird permutation question I haven't seen before. Bombed the interview.

Attached: small-fire.gif (40x56, 1.22K)

>I don't have ideas for side proyects
Install Gentoo

You should be smart enough to derive the leetcode problems. Memorization means you need to study the underlying concepts more.

Attached: 98837E58-DA68-4B37-870D-3868140C3944.jpg (499x481, 27.94K)

if you can fizzbuzz you can work almost everywhere, you're already more qualified than most senior devs

t. delusional retard

>side projects
I remember some guy's story about how certain big company was the main user of his open source library, and one day they told him they would love to hire him. They made him do the whole process "just for protocol", but he bombed the thecnical test. In the end they never hired him but still they kept using his library and he stills "works" for them >for free

WRONG, they ask you those questions at FAANG because they want to know that you will be able to solve problems at scale.

Schlomo's staffing agency/one-stop-crud-shop is only asking you them because he wants to copy whatever FAGMAN is doing so he can whore you out to his clients for more money while paying you next to nothing.

see pic related

Attached: 1615651489187.png (2752x4342, 742.41K)

oh wow it's written in an IDE?!?!?!? it must be true

it's actually virgin side projects
because THEY DON'T EVEN GLANCE AT THEM. They only care about leetcode and degree. Nothing else matters.

>they asked me some weird permutation question I haven't seen before
I'm interested, what exactly was it?.
Also, computing the permutations is quite hard if you don't use yield or an equivalent construct.

I was given a password and a hashmap of characters that would replace other characters, and I had to give all permutations of the password with replaced the replaced characters.

hurt feelings? feel like a fraud yet? you have no reason to, everyone around you is a mouthbreather, you're all constantly c/p-ing code from the internet and I'm pretty sure 99% of your codebase is actually public code I can find on the internet.
it's alright, most software are like this, it's not like swe are capable of thinking by themselves anyways, time is money amirite?

>permutations
combinations, I suppose?

Might be, I'm a retard but I remember the question mentioned permutations.

i don't work as a code monkey, i am only interested in this as a hobby. keep living in your deluded world, neet.

replied to wrong post

why do you even have an opinion on the matter then...
I will never understand retards, why are you all like this...
don't know shit about something? don't open your fucking mouth, as simple as

your proof is a png of some garbage in an IDE, hang yourself low iq code monkey.