/spg/ - SmartPhone General

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: pillhole apple iphone.jpg (1600x800, 96.36K)

looking for buyers advice,

currently have 12 mini, like the size, could go a bit bigger but i got small fingies n hands, sorta feeling like i wanna swap back to android tho.

want something that works with calyxOs (tinkering seems fun and privacy points)

a good camera, preferably better then the apple products or at least better then the 12 mini.

better batttery life if possible?

higher hz = better but dont care if not.

based in AU. carriers shouldnt be an issue here.

cheers in advanced g

Which other iPhones does the SE 2022's battery life compare to?
Also is 4.7" too small for chatting?

i genuinely don't get what problems smartphone manufacturers think they are solving with some of their design language. Like with no SD card slot and no jack, you can argue something about waterproofing. No IR blaster because it was an expense that customers weren't using, ok. I don't like it but fine. What problem does the notch solve?

Help me.
Under $200.
Preferably 5G.
At least 5 years.
Good battery.

>iPhone
>camera holes shaped like an '' i ''
Can't say I like the big cutouts from a functional perspective, but I do have a weird admiration for this design.

Attached: SeparateWhisperedBernesemountaindog-size_restricted.gif (256x256, 352.29K)

So a question is z flip 3(2021) a meme? i want to buy a new phone and can't decide between z flip 3, s22+ or iphone 13 pro max, i want something that's on top in term of almost everything from screen and camera to performance, while i want to keep it for 3-4 years.

Attached: 1633042280003.gif (268x434, 1.11M)

>Is ''x'' Flip a meme?
Yes user, don't do this to yourself unless you have enough much money to throw out the window and just want a fancy tech demo phone.

Attached: z flop 3.png (1176x1568, 2.79M)

Is iPhone XR a good purchase now? Which iPhone should I buy?

Might go trade in my old note ten plus and get a fold 3 or s22 ultra. Dunno which to get desu

Can't decide between an IPhone SE, Samsung S10e and a Pixel (probably 4a but could be 5), any advice?

I need a phone that can run modern LineageOS and is as cheap as possible. No other criteria. What do you recommend

what are your deal breakers? if all 3 phones don't have any then get the cheapest one

I think my main concerns would be battery life and that it lasts a few more years (around 4)

Is the One UI 4.1 update good?

bump

did anything came out of the samsung leak?

Pixel has no water protection if it's 4a, newer have no headphones.

s10e and Pixel 4a ~7hours
SE 2020 ~9hours
Pixel 5 and SE 2022 ~12hours

These numbers are based on what information exactly?

I used to own an S10e and its batter would never last for 7 hours.

If you delete half of preinstalled apps or just install lineage is dramatically better though. But you'll have to accept ditching Google.

from punjeet land . need a phone less than $200 should run lineage os official I am ok with chinkshit phone since im booting custom rom.