Learning To Code

In short, I want to learn to code.

It's something I've always been interested in learning but never had the proper guidance. Unfortunately, I'm one of the many who went to college just to get a degree, and by the time I realized I wasn't passionate about my field of study, I was a semester away from graduation.

Where should I start? I've looked into doing a coding boot camp at a local university, but they seem pretty pricey and I've heard from friends that the skills you can gain from a university coding boot camp can be learned elsewhere for a fraction of the cost.

I've also seen websites like Codecademy and Coursera but I'm not sure if that's a great jumping-off point.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Attached: 0_Hq9agNqUl1ngLIA5.png (1249x568, 271.98K)

great blog post man!

Attached: 1645827300592.webm (640x640, 1.08M)

OP Here.

I should mention that after a little bit of research Python and C# interest me the most.

Thanks hoss.

OP here, also I'm trans btw. Don't know if that matters or not.

Realistically I have to advise you against this. If you want to earn "real money" in this space, it's a decade long learning project.

Anyone who disagrees hasn't done a CS degree (which is only the bare minimum you should know) and then worked in the industry for 5+ years.

By the way I don't have a CS degree, (but I do have a related degree) which is why I can say this with some authority.

Appreciate the honesty.

I wouldn't mind going back to school for CS. Would just need to find an online program. The way I see it is it's better late than never.

Do eunuchs count?

Depends on how you learn best. Is it books, videos, creating projects or something else?

>Realistically I have to advise you against this. If you want to earn "real money" in this space, it's a decade long learning project.
I'm already 40. Don't have time for that.

I'd say projects and books. Something to start small and build up.

Well, if you want to learn a niggerlicious language like Python, you could read Automate The Boring Stuff With Python. It's very beginner friendly.

Pick a language. Get a book. Or even better you can follow MIT programming course on their site.

reading books is for retards
learn by doing

I'll check it out.

Attached: out.webm (640x800, 1.61M)

how coding without static types feels

Looks like he's having fun.

Also getting into it. Right now im doing Codecademy's Basics of Programming II course bc im totally new to this. Will learn Python after. I think Harvard's CS50 is still available
Sadly im the inverse of your situation, I know exactly what I want to do but family is on my ass to get a career already, so im taking the CS pill

Pick C# in that case, i will give you some reasons why
>Python is popular yes but alot of the jobs are in non CS fields and there are plenty of C# jobs
>The most important thing about your first language is learning programming basics but Python abstracts concepts for the ease of use
There are plenty of videos out there that can teach you for free like freecodecamp.

a shame to see what jesus has turned into