What operating system are you running on your phone, and why isn't it GrapheneOS?

What operating system are you running on your phone, and why isn't it GrapheneOS?

Attached: Graphene.jpg (458x640, 26.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

e.foundation/e-os/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

linux

no operating system
i broked it :((

/e/OS (soon to be called Murena OS)
comfy lineage/micro-g fork that just werks with 0 effort. comes almost entirely packaged with foss apps.
feelsgood on my fairphone

holy fuck these captchas are pure dogshit i cant read this shit even sliding

>pixel phone

lel

I’m running iOS on my Apple iPhone

I run GrapheneOS on my Pixel 4a. They recently made an isolated GSF for app compatibility and notifications.

Attached: graphene-apps.png (1080x2203, 130.87K)

I run Lineage on my Redmi Note 7 Pro. Flashed it a couple years ago and haven't done much else to it

But mister NSA, I am running GrapheneOS on my Pixel 6

microg lineage os

If I put that on my phone will it still make calls, text, and connect to the internet.

Basically will it brick my phone?

>will it brick my phone
i had no issues and it was my first time flashing a rom. the instructions are pretty good, even if the english is a little iffy. the devs are solid. haven't had an issue yet and I've been running since first release for my phone.
only downside is that the UI seems strongly inspired by iOS, but I installed lawnchair so it doesn't make a difference to me anyway.
e.foundation/e-os/

Alright thanks. Also FairPhone , I'm gonna jump in when my Pixel 6 dies. How has it been for you? I am used to flagship devices but I only use my phone for video and web browsing so they seem a bit overkill.

>why isn't it GrapheneOS?
Because calyx is better

im running a fairphone 4 right now and its been fantastic. the camera isn't going to compare much to your pixel especially if you're using opencamera. it's more than sufficient for taking a nice photo for a memory though, just don't expect to be a photographer.
otherwise, it's quick and the display is quite nice. its also nice not having a curved screen, thank god.

ProtonAOSP

Just because it was the first ROM for the Pixel 6 Pro and it's super solid so I stuck with it, I briefly installed Graphene but it was buggy, maybe it's better now but Proton is great so why change it.

Not the op. If you have a Pixel 6, why not use graphene or calyx? They are both better than /e/OS in every way. The only advantage of /e/ is that it can be installed on all lineageOS compatible smartphones.
/e/ is very good, I'm thinking about using it on my redmi until I can buy a pixel with calyx or graphene.

Wait, does it actually work? Can you create an isolated profile, install google services there and expect discord.apk to just work? This is exactly what I've been looking for; is it reliable?

its only for nexus i think

ArrowOS, degoogled and because I don't have a Pixel phone.

It far more complex than 'basic sandboxing' behind the scenes of the OS from what I believe. I can verify that Hushed now properly works on this phone giving me access to multiple phone numbers.

I had gcam working with MicroG but you can't use MicroG in combination with this new Google Service Framework integration because (microg and this isolated gsf overlap with functions and such.) Discord will likely work just fine but you might need a modified gcam install unless it's just a simple permission option to fix it.

After uninstalling microg I just installed the gapps implementation in the new Graphene 'Apps' application. It works really well so far besides the gcam problem I mentioned above.

Can someone redpill me on Graphene vs Calyx. As someone that will need some normie apps (FB messenger, WhatsApp Uber), but all I really care about is whether they work and are stable

I'm afraid of getting something too complicated and bricking my phone.

It works yes but you can also use the app 'Insular' from Fdroid to isolate apk's you run during install.

My Pixel 4a running Graphene os will hold me over until the Pinephone Pro comes to prime.

Install Graphene. GrapheneOS is an entire OS replacement including the bootrom. Calyx is just a "privacy" rom you flash.

GrapheneOS has far deeper changes to it compaired to any modified android OS. That is why it only runs on Pixel devices. The entire device is totally wiped and replaced from the ground up. There is also an 'Auditor' app that can verify if your device was modified in any way cryptographically.

Attached: grapheneos-auditor.png (1080x2212, 92.34K)