/spg/ - Smartphone General

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: OnePlus-9-Pro-vs-OnePlus-9-spooning-1536x864.jpg (1536x864, 147.31K)

Currently split between the z flip 3 and the planet astro slide.
Z flip is faster and easier to move around, but the slide is leagues more practical and is basically a mini laptop the size of a phone and doesn't have Samsungs bloatware OS.

Did anybody here recently flip to Apple from Android? My last iPhone was the 4S but the 13 mini is tempting me back. Curious to hear what the swap has been like for you.

>4S
nice, what did you do to it when you switched?

Do I keep the preorder gift card from best buy if I return my 22 ultra? Should I spend it first and then return it? This thing is heavy and I think it's thicker than the last note. Not a big fan.
It's hard to gauge them in store because of the anti theft devices so I didn't really notice it.

i'm also thinking of making the switch from android to apple. looking at either the new se or 12/13 mini

I'd rather get the F3

I was in a somewhat similar boat so I can relate since I've only ever used Android before. The switch is less hard than I think because most of the apps that I used in my former phone the Pixel 2 XL are also available in iOS and they work very similarly.

It's easier than I thought.

Attached: 1647031907615.jpg (1170x2532, 490.46K)

I just put it away. Pretty sure it’s in a box somewhere at my parent’s house.
What app is that and does it play webms?

God damn I love my G100

Attached: Motorola-Moto-G100-1.jpg (900x900, 87.03K)

>TWO HOLES

Attached: laughing-phone-7812845.jpg (957x1300, 151.95K)

I don't even use the front camera. And I'm not allowed to buy a phone without a butchered screen anyway.

yeah i know, i hate it too
maybe one day we'll have neat phones again

Attached: samsung_alias_2.jpg (1309x1416, 709.43K)

that looks so Chinese, holy shit

here's your all-american phone

Attached: Librem-5-devkit-display.jpg (720x401, 72.6K)

Thoughts on the Zenphone series?

Good as far as "different" phones go. Bad thermals and battery, but that's not Asus's fault since 888 and onwards goes above phone tdp (nobody wants to admit that we've hit the wall) and consoomers won't consoom if you don't have the latest processor.
Considered an 8, but got scared off by the ramdump, which is asus phones randomly dying.

Zenfone 8 is a good choice for compact android but Asus only promised 2 years of updates and we’re already coming up on one 1 year since its release.

>888 and onwards goes above phone tdp (nobody wants to admit that we’ve hit the wall)
I hope mobile chipmakers focus on efficiency from here. The last several years of processors have all been powerful enough for almost anything you would ever want to do with a cell phone. Efficiency gains can be marketed to consoomers too:
“Same power, for longer.”
“5% faster, but 50% for more efficient.”
“A fast phone that will last you all day.”

Early S22 reception makes it seem like people are expecting better battery life than these processors can deliver.

How is the Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G?

Is getting a headphone jack worth it over something like the S20 or S21 FE? Are the cameras and the performance much inferior to the devices mentioned?