Is Scrum just a massive scam for companies to get you to do more work?

Is Scrum just a massive scam for companies to get you to do more work?

Attached: 1640014092734.jpg (938x1621, 179.14K)

I only do 4 hours of work a day. They cant force me to do more.

>put some ticket in my in-progress lane and work on it for maybe an hour every other day
>if I finish it and there's not something else obvious to take I just pretend like I haven't finished it
>don't attend at least half of standups
>manager is always very happy with my productivity
If it is, it's not working very well

I only come here to laugh at employed code monkeys. I'm not as "smart" as any of you but I managed to retire before thirty.

enjoy brainrot

Yes.
Invented by nips and intended for the average jap worker drone, which never complains.

Japs are wholly inefficient

I do maybe 10 hours a week since beginning of 2021. Can't get myself to care anymore. I work alone on a legacy product doing bugfixes and the odd feature request, all other teams are doing project stuff and the new product.

I feel like this is the pareto principal in action - especially if you have side projects that keep you sharp

As far as I know scrum is done differently in every single company. In our company we have a daily stand ups for about 30 minutes or so. Most of it is spent on talking about unrelated shit. To me it seems completely worthless. I tried not showing up for the meetings because that would be more productive, but they got mad and threatened to fire me after having done it a couple of times

It works fine if implemented right (i.e. CI software releases made by small, closely working dev teams). But most of the times retarded management fucks it up falling for memes.

it's fake made up shit to give diversity hires jobs. the original message of these kinds of tard wrangling measures was mostly just "ask them what they're doing every once in a while, make sure they actually have work to do, stay in your fucking lane and if you're doing your job right you'll be fired". obviously MM wants to get fat stacks so they take the complete opposite stance of bothering everyone all the time and impeding work in exchange of meaningless social gatherings.

Management ruin everything.

>General manager is always busy
>They hire a scrum master to help with his work load
>All she does Is schedule meetings
>90% of the meetings are directionless and boomers talking about their kids
>Less work gets done
>Team gets split in half, to work on separate sections in parallel
>Second team gets another scrum master
>There's now even more meetings, because the scrum masters are clueless fucks

It’s an evolution of agile but twisted by project managers to show they still have value when agile abolishes the role completely.
Businesses want projections, they need to understand how to allocate money and resources, but development isn’t like any other business process and developers aren’t easily replaceable - unlike other positions.
You know you’re doing it wrong if your stand-up is longer than 10 mins. You know you’re doing it wrong if you don’t learn knowledge for each ticket you pull off the board.

>enjoy brainrot
Not him, I kind of retired with thirty something. Doesn't mean you can't work on your projects.

Scrum is literally just to enforce discipline and remind you that you're just a worthless cog to them

The point is to demoralize you somewhat

i hate scrum. it makes the dumb assumption that work can be reported in daily increments

This is the first time I read a reasonable opinion on what scrum really is on Any Forums

this has literally been my job since working from home. I used to be the guy that would get assigned onto lots of big projects and get shit on when minor things went wrong. All I do now is support our shit legacy applications and occasionally fix bugs or implement small changes. I get no hassle from anyone and I get huge praise for it. I sense myself becoming more retarded and lazy but I am much, much happier than when I was pointlessly making myself stressed for brownie points.

It's the best thing to happen to developers. Drag out a story as long as possible. When they challenge your story points, defend yourself by saying developers determine the story points, not shitty scrum masters

its essential for software engineering and project management